Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden GTR-X

spud_22

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS-V Wagon, VS UTE, 96 VS Senator
So found out that the g/f's grandpa has probably one of the rarest Holdens out there.
The only way you can see this car is by looking at pictures on the net. Only 2 of these cars were ever made and i would like to know what people think. No BS, im planning to get some pictures of it to post on here. So its a 1970 GTR-X Torana.
Here are some pictures of a model. Cheers guys let me know what you think.

View attachment 120639View attachment 120638View attachment 120637View attachment 120636View attachment 120635View attachment 120634View attachment 120633

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
I call bullshit.

Apparently there is only 1 left in existence and it is on display at the Salmon Street offices of Holden here in Melbourne.

carcollector

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice, VZ SS Crewman, ZB Calais V,VE CalaisV
Three were built, 1 1/2 are left. Holden owns the only complete one. It spent quite a while at the Birdwood National Motor Museum painted silver, with UC SL/E rims. For Holden's Anniversary, they took it back and fully restored it to its original white colour and correct rims - looks great! The other "1/2" I referred to is a shell, I believe, not a complete car. It was sold to a Holden employee a few years ago.

Pity they never built them as a production car. 6 Cylinder, triple carbs, fibreglass body, remote hatch release, vaccuum operated pop up headlights, power windows, integral roll cage, and 4 wheel disc brakes, and all that in 1971!. Would have been the first 4 wheel disc Holden by a long shot. A9X was the first production Holden with disc brakes, in 1977.

So, he might be telling the truth.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I call bullshit.

Apparently there is only 1 left in existence and it is on display at the Salmon Street offices of Holden here in Melbourne.

I have seen pics of 1 in pieces apart from the Holden owned one. So that makes at least 2. Have heard (reliable) rumours of a few body shells still around too.

Reaper

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
i would imagine with some time and effort you could replicate the body shell(made of fibreglass) and from there you could build your own, like any other kit car.

spud_22

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS-V Wagon, VS UTE, 96 VS Senator
I will get pics as soon as i can. It is not in the best condition. This would be the half car as referred to as above. The car is not a half car it has no interior in it at the moment but it will have soon. I will try get some pics tomorrow, i will event get a pic with my VS and jamiejamies VU with it.