Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How Hard????????????????

spacattack

THE ENFORCER!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Custom VN
ok got me hands on a VX ( i think ) traction control system ( everything came iwth it for free :yeah: ) it the model with the switch that you can turn it on and off??? ok how hard would it be to hook it up to my vn a 91 VN "S" sedan if not will any others fit? cause i can get my hands on a few more different ones from different cars?? any ideas ppl
cheers spacattack

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
Too hard to bother with.

For starters the rear sensors go on the axles which are exposed on VT onwards, but enclosed in a diff housing in the VN.

And why would you want it? Most guys I know would rather not have it - which is probably why you got it for free... :p

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
yeah, extremely difficult.

i assume it uses the ABS system and spark retardation... it's not a standalone component you can drill a few holes and bolt on.

spacattack

THE ENFORCER!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Custom VN
oh ok i was just wondering cause we fitted abs on me vn a while back of a vt i think it was ( and plus heard if the tracty control was played with right is good for the 1/4 mile so that ya dont have wheel spin off the start lol ) and ya odd clown at the lights in a ricer ( always seem to spin off the start ) just wondering cause i got it for free off a mate that totaled his commo

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
yeah Id ebay it off.. dont bother putting it on. Even in need for speed i turn it off

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
spacattack said:
( and plus heard if the tracty control was played with right is good for the 1/4 mile so that ya dont have wheel spin off the start lol )

And get a **** take off, 'cos it pulls timing and pushes your foot off the pedal.

Every drag racer I've met turns it off.

Bec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6L Wagon
If definately wouldn't put it on, if anything I find it dangerous. You find a break in traffic and plant it to get in, but all traction does is makes the car go a few metres, ie out into line of traffic, and then it just dies in the a***. Not safe in my opinion.

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
I beg to dissagree.
I use my bro's VXII S S/C every now and then... (LIKE ONCE A MONTH! BASTARD WON'T LET ME DRIVE IT!)
Last time I drove it it was raining and the T/C worked beautifully when my lead foot took over while taking off from lights, running through slip-lanes etc... I don't think I ever would have got away from lights without it.
(I'm not very subtle on the pedal, ever. I usually drive a Ford XF station wagon on straight gas that takes around 30 seconds to get to 100 pedal to the metal.)