Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to change the VE headlight globe

heloanand

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Omega
I have noticed that my right hand side headlight glob is not working. Is is easy to change my self or do i need to go to the service center/auto mechanic ? please advice..

PhatCommy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais, VR Wagon

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine

revinR1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
For the drivers side just pull upwards on your overflow tube (it pulls out) move it aside, look over the top and remove the dust cap closest to the inner guardby twisting it (thats the low beam ) pull the black light fitting off the globe, push and flick the chrome wire holding in the globe pull out old globe insert new globe and reverse process. For the passengers side you`ll need a phillips head stubby scfrew driver to undo the washer filler neck and push it aside then its the same process. should take all of say 15 minutes. The little T10 parkers globes if you want to replace them also they just pull out and push back in

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
:banstick:Definitely do NOT Pull the bumber off LOL.
Its the same process as any standard headlight glob. As i learnt last week when i did this for the first time on a VE, MAKE EXTRA SURE that you put the globe in with the tab pointing UPWARDS !! This confused the fudge out of me because when you look inside the housing there's something that looks like a nicely made metal track for the tab on the globe, but NO, its just there to confuse you and it is actually the support bracket for the reflector cap inside the headlight ..... :banstick:
If you put the globe in the correct way it's easy as.

Ouride2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX, SS VE SSV
I have just completed it on my SSV, And all I can say is, GMH you have got to be joking. Was ready to sell it!!!
Dum, Smart engineering Holden!!!!!!

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Im not sure why people find it so hard, release clip, remove globe, fit new globe and refit clip.

It's not that complicated!