Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How To Disable VE Seatbelt Alarm

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
If you go into diagnostics mode (I think there is another mode too) then there could be something in there. Im sure I sure an option to disable the startup beeps in one of those modes.

If you dont know how to get into them, hold down the enter button and put the car on full accessories. If it isnt the enter button, then try all of the buttons on the steering wheel until you get the desired mode. Look at your centre screen, between the speedo and the tacho and it might just be an option.

I cant say I have ever heard a chime. I just get a picture of a little red blode wearing his seatbelt on the instrument binnacle thingo...

Never a chime... I might have to test this out...

Still wondering why wearing a seatbelt is a bad thing. It doesnt take much effort to put it on, heck think of it as a cheap workout!

BOY1236

Crazy dude in a V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (4-speed auto)
hold down the enter button and put the car on full accessories

nope , nothing about a seatbelt is there

whitey66

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Sedan
Because it's a "safety" item it cannot be turned off by the user in the configuration menus of the instruments.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
If you dont know how to get into them, hold down the enter button and put the car on full accessories. If it isnt the enter button, then try all of the buttons on the steering wheel until you get the desired mode. Look at your centre screen, between the speedo and the tacho and it might just be an option.

Tried this without success. There is no option to disable it in the diagnostics mode.

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
you can wither go taxi style and put i behind the seat r d what i did to mums work car.. how under the seat and start pulling wires coming from the buckle. it doesnt need wires coming from the buckle to save you.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
If the safety belt warning has to comply to ADR standards then to disable it would not only be stupid but illeagel These days, with all the warnings and factual evidence relating to injuries prevented by seat belts and other safety devices, I cannot understand the mentality of anyone proposing such action as to deisable a warning device. Those supporting and encouraging are no better. For anyone still in doubt, just take a walk through the Intensive Care ward at any major hospital and you will see plenty of patients who owe their lives to the many safety devices and features built into the vehicle(s).

Holdfast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan Country Pack
Ben,

Understandable mate, I think most of us have muscle memory to put the seatbelt on, its second nature.

But, just having a yarn about the annoyance at the home or such. Like, reversing out of the garage; seems silly to have to put the belt on to stop the chiming when I have to take it off again to lock the garage.

As one poster said, just pushing in the release tab for a few seconds will disable it.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
the vz reminder is heaps better, it flashes for a minute, than flashes and beeps for a minutes, the just goes back to flash after that,

then when you drive, if you go over 20km/h it goes spastic

the beeps are getting over the top though, i think its the mondeos, when i was getting it ready for a service, what i was doing it didnt like it and it was trying to beep for all of them, it got consfused and one beep was overlapping the other.........

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
you can wither go taxi style and put i behind the seat r d what i did to mums work car.. how under the seat and start pulling wires coming from the buckle. it doesnt need wires coming from the buckle to save you.

^^ Umm, wtf does that mean?

As one poster said, just pushing in the release tab for a few seconds will disable it.

Serious? I must have missed that one. I will give that a go.

the beeps are getting over the top though, i think its the mondeos, when i was getting it ready for a service, what i was doing it didnt like it and it was trying to beep for all of them, it got consfused and one beep was overlapping the other.........

lol; interestingly, the VE seatbelt chime over-rides all other chimes - even the sound of the blinkers!

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride

Serious? I must have missed that one. I will give that a go.

Ok, I tried this without much joy. It does stop the chime but only while you're holding the seatbelt release tab in. As soon as you let go, the chime is back. Not much use really but worth a shot!