Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to enter Radio code

umair

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sold my car :(
I took off the battery and now when I started my car the radio is not working. My code is 3454 but I am having difficulty entering it. The car is 2000 model and has a cd player and tape recorder in it with a narrow screen. It says (step/trial) 1 then I enter (press) 3 but then I cannot enter the remaining numbers of 3454. It just takes it to (trial) 2. Then I have to enter a number again and it takes me to trial 3 and then it switches off for twenty minutes. How can you enter all 3454 all at once. Thank you.

tezza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Press the actual numbers on the preset buttons to correspond with the radio code.
Do you remember if the preset buttons all worked before?

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
When you enter the code the numbers on the screen will be different to what you actually typed in this is normal But is this what you are talking about?

umair

Reaction score
Members Ride
I think I figured out the problem, the keys are hard to press and sometimes when I press a key it gets pressed two times or does not register. I will keep trying but the thing shutting down after three tries for an hour is super annoying.

])R@G()N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Rip it out and throw it over the back fence, that will fix all the problems with them radio's,,, Its got me stuffed why holden would put a code on them its not like anyone would steal the crap things :p

umair

Reaction score
Members Ride
My number four button was the problem. I entered the code and pressed the crap out of the number four button and it worked.

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon
Must have been some of that dust you have over there that got behind the button contacts!

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
They don't have dust, they have SAND! Oh and oil. And camels. And Rollers, Ferraris and apparently, Commodores

MarkJM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Yep

])R@G()N;1981940 said:
Rip it out and throw it over the back fence, that will fix all the problems with them radio's,,, Its got me stuffed why holden would put a code on them its not like anyone would steal the crap things :p

My VT has done about 212000km, the air conditioning is still cold, everything works, and it runs like a dream. I agree though - the stereos are crap. I think hoying them over the back fence is a very good option. It's they're only real fault; otherwise they're indestructible beasts.

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
I, then, may have real problems. My 1999 VT has been off the road for 3 years and has recently received a 2001 VX engine and transmission. It still has the original radio and I do not have the code and have no plans for having GMH charge me for supplying the original code. Back fence is looking good as I have a Pioneer stereo/cd player and a JVC which I have accumulated from a couple of my previous cars. GM code problem solved.