Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to: Remove Dash and Center Console VY-VZ

ricktutty

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl berlina sdn 5sp RB20DET
Good morning guys,

Alot of Kudos to GTRWilson for this mighty helpful job of supplying us the required info!

I had a Question, has anyone come across trying to replace the fold-out cup holders?? i see there is alot of effort and patience to access.... i havent started on the job yet as i dont want to break my bank over breaking the Mother's Precious :p

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
Good morning guys,

Alot of Kudos to GTRWilson for this mighty helpful job of supplying us the required info!

I had a Question, has anyone come across trying to replace the fold-out cup holders?? i see there is alot of effort and patience to access.... i havent started on the job yet as i dont want to break my bank over breaking the Mother's Precious :p

Its me suppying the Info.

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
Also i will remind people that i wont copy the workshop manual(no exceptions)

All Requests for Copy's will Be Ignored from Now On

any Holden Dealer should be able to suppy you with one, but there not cheap allow $200-400, depending on what model you have

if your after info PM ME, but it all depends on what your after -some of the sections are 20 pages long

also let me know what series and luxury level you car is if its regarding wiring, as there is heaps of info for me to go through to see what relevant

My Workshop Manual Covers VT Series 1 Up to 2006 Model VZ's(and there Variants) so i dont have any other info

Last edited:

vp_304

Reaction score
Problem fixed admin delete post thanks :)

Last edited:

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
well the one i had fitted to my vy was a pain to remove(they have security clips), i ended up taking back to the car stereo shop who fitted it to remove it again

DAZ88P

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Wagon
thanks for the write up! just wondering if anyone has some info as i have a single din stereo installed with a storage compartment and i dont know how to remove it as i didnt install it, any help would be awesome

If its the same as mine just pull and it slides out.

Millenmonkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYExecutive S2 Wagon
It should just slide out if it's an aftermarket one, to be honest when I installed mine in my VY I was worried about how easy it would be to steal the stereo- if u want to make it easier just use the diagrams above to take apart the dash above it beforehand.

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
As Requested
dia1.jpg