Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to set off Seat Air Bags

Dynamic Dazz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Wagon
Just replaced my Omega seats with some nice SS ones and thought it would be fun to set off the air bags in the old seats......I also have another set of SS seats that were from ebay but were **** so I have four to do..........Now theres 3 wires and I'm assuming I'd have to apply 12volts to which wires though......I will extend the wires a long way away from the seats to keep it safe hoping of course voltage drop isnt too much of an issue........I'm sure I will cop some grief, its dangerous blah blah blah.......

I've seen a steering wheel air bag go off many many year's ago when they started to appear in cars at a Training session at then GMH in Dandenong......As a Locksmith there was concern at the time they might go off when working on Car ignitions......funny how now we dont give them a second thought but back then we had a whole procedure to disarm the air bag before starting work and never had a head over the air whilest getting close and personal with the ignition lock

Dazz

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
There are videos on Utube of people doing this.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
This will be interesting to watch. See if you can put up a video when you do it.

On the topic of airbag deployment, I have been seeing an increasing number of people lately who think they're cool by sitting in the passenger seat and putting their feet up on the dash.
Mainly stupid young women who have absolutely no concept of the explosive forces involved in an airbag deployment and what sort of horrific injuries they could sustain as a result. I can only shake my head.

Dynamic Dazz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Wagon
This will be interesting to watch. See if you can put up a video when you do it.

On the topic of airbag deployment, I have been seeing an increasing number of people lately who think they're cool by sitting in the passenger seat and putting their feet up on the dash.
Mainly stupid young women who have absolutely no concept of the explosive forces involved in an airbag deployment and what sort of horrific injuries they could sustain as a result. I can only shake my head.
Will do :)