Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HOW TO Steering Controls VX/VY

r0nniem

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais
Hey guys,

We don't want to make waves ... we just wanna help. I signed up to the forum as a fellow Holden enthusiast, interested in hearing about issues people were having with steering wheel interfaces because thats what we do!

12VoltKing, I'm new to forums and from my understanding they are a great source of sharing information. I didn't think mentioning the product a few times (I've only made 11 posts in total) would be classified as spamming. You find a good product, service or idea and tell people about it. People were asking questions and I'd thought I'd help. That's what I thought I was doing, but now I understand where you're coming from.

I was unaware that you had Sponsorship packagages available, therefore we would be interested in receiving some information on that - we'd be more than happy to support the forum.

Thanks
Ronnie

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Hey Ronnie, it's perfectly fine. We have a lot of spammers and we try to nip them all in the bud. Your product I see as an advancement but I can't let free advertising continue. If you make money from the forum then why can't the forum owners who is left out of pocket by hundredds of dollars every month. Like I said, you will get a rotating banner like at the top of the forum. It rotates between our sponsors and is viewed at the top of every page.

You will also recieve your own sub forum. Not just a thread but an entire sub-forum like this one.

Here is an example forum that is managed by one of our sponsors.
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=61

boardyboy. This is not my forum. Refer to me as a tool again and send an abosuive PM again and I will take action. If you don't like my attitude then use this email address... [email protected] to make a complaint against me. Before you do, remember that we have more to deal with then petty problems. I'm sure you recieved the mass email sent out by me. So, just be aware that it may take a while before you get a respsonse. But you will get one.

boardyboy1979

Reaction score
12Voltking said:
boardyboy. This is not my forum. Refer to me as a tool again and send an abosuive PM again and I will take action. If you don't like my attitude then use this email address... [email protected] to make a complaint against me. Before you do, remember that we have more to deal with then petty problems. I'm sure you recieved the mass email sent out by me. So, just be aware that it may take a while before you get a respsonse. But you will get one.

I sent it to you in a PM for a reason. You making it public is just funny.

On the topic of that mass email which is SPAM. I'm sure you are aware of the Australian Spam Act 2003 which came into effect over 1 year ago. You should also note I specifically requested NOT to receive mailouts. Should you wish not to abide by the legislation that's fine but be aware that breaches can incur penalties of up to 1.1million per day that the offence continues.

The correct course of action for ronnies (questionably SPAM) posts would have been to remove his posts and send him a private message referring him to which ever clauses in your use of this site that he is in violation of.

Posting your responses publically is just stupid as it serves no cause other than to belittle someone else. You've made me feel stupid from one of my posts before and it wasn't appreciated. In my opinion you are a tool.

I recommend removing all posts not related to Steering Controls from this thread as they are OFF TOPIC. Including this one

mattyman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2, VN Executive S2
Back on topic.
This Cat thing does look interesting JB Hifi and Strathfields both stock it in Perth but it retails for between 225-250. Seems a bit pricey to me...

boardyboy

Reaction score
mattyman said:
Back on topic.
This Cat thing does look interesting JB Hifi and Strathfields both stock it in Perth but it retails for between 225-250. Seems a bit pricey to me...

I paid about 120 from JB in adelaide...I wouldn't pay more than about 150.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
I got a swi-x module from ebay for $80.00 from U.S.A Installed it yesterday, ran the infrared cable up to the interior light and along the passenger side, down the front windows pillar and behind the glove compartment. Works great and you can program the buttons to do anything. took about an 1 to install. does have a small delay when pressing the buttons on the steering wheel.

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
12Voltking said:
The VS-VT DID come with steering wheel controls on higher class models....if they didn't...I don't know what was on my VS Calais...or my VT Berlina I had for awhile...

I too have one of these 'strange' VS models with steering wheel controls - a S1 Calais. Does anyone know what colour the remote wire is (from steering wheel to the back of the stock HU ?

Cheers

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
I have located the brown wire that comes from the steering wheel controls to the stock head unit, but I cannot figure out which wire to use from the pac swi-x, or which mode to program. The white wire in mode 9 works for the VX - but it seems the VS is different.

Can anyone help out ?

Thanks.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
davey g-force said:
Hey guys,
I dont mean to hijack this thread but for anyone who has a VY or VZ (maybe even VX) Phreddy has a neat way to connect amps etc to the factory head unit, therefore keeping the steering wheel controls and dashboard display etc. It also lets everything look nice and stock and sounds awsome!

See Phreddy's thread titled:

Blaupunkt low-level outputs? You betcha! :D

I had a look / listen and Im heaps impressed. Im gonna get him to fit one in my VY SS.

only one problem with that. the stock head unit doesnt play mp3's.

Some of you may already know this, but as of a few months ago, Phreddy has solved this problem too. I got him to install an MP3 input in my VY SS into the factory head unit. PM him if you're interested...

wallydvd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
Quick simple question (with likely complicated answer).......

Is there a model of stereo (mp3cd) that is compatible with my VY steering controls?

Iv'e read through the forums and haven't found a simple answer to this one. On another forum some mentioned series 7 Blaupunkt stereos, some mentioned Blaupunkt in general.

Can anybody help?

(sounds of crickets chirping)