Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV Introduces Limited Edition "GTS Maloo"

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
No doubt that the 427 is the most collectable of the E range and it'd be a toss of the coin which is more desirable. Gren is 100% spot on with his comments on what is 1/2 price and what is not. I'm sure the quantity of Utes was based on the actual number of 427's sold and then they limited it to the top echelon of HSV buyers. I'd be surprised if any more than a few get used at daily drivers with most going into private collections virtually never seeing the road.

I will say it's a good thing that HSV seem to have responded to the disappointments that were the 25th anniversary and blacks with a limited edition that is worthy of their own build nos.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
I understand the "collectability" of any limited run car, but at my age I would want to use it, and enjoy it, as I wouldnt get
any real investment value in my time left on this planet:rofl2:
As I said, I can only dream.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
The ones that are up there for 70-80k are the ones with 120,000+ on the clock.

The ones on there fetching 100k are almost brand spankers. Ones that are shed dwellers. Sure you can get "half price" ones, but they are ones that are probably not worth it to a collector.

The GTS Maloo will be a true collectors car at only 250 being made, which is less than the 427 and being unique in its name.

thought they only ended up making about 130-140 W427s due to lack of buyer demand or something of that sort?

really though, if they wanted to make a really collectable car youde have even less numbers built.
but obviously they have had the demand for more and have followed suit.

what surprises me though is, Holden will still be around until 2016 right?
so for the next 2 or so years, will they not build something else along the HSV lines?
I mean, will they not have a true final edition version aswell then?
something like this would have been a true gem in that case, just seems strange to do it this far from ceasing production in my eyes.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
137 pretty sure was the number of 427's built.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
When a company makes a real collectors car it can be driven all you like and resale won't matter because it is that rare.
There are only a handful of modern examples.
I'd classify the likes of those super low number lamborghinis, the Lexus LFA, Alfa 8c, etc...
You'd pay Bondi Beach house prices for a Ferrari Daytona and the miles racked up would be inconsequential.
Shedding the GTS Maloo would be such a shame and in my humble opinion, a fools investment. It would be like having a sham marriage with Jennifer Hawkins - great to brag to your mates but you've got no idea what's under the hood either.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss
I read in street commodores years ago the most rare commodore ever made were 2 vn group a's that were Bathurst tooheys 1000 specials. From memory I think they were both black in colour and they had certain features that were only available on these two cars. don't hold me to it as I read this over 8 or 9 years ago.

I wonder how much these would be worth now or if people just look at them like any group a?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I read in street commodores years ago the most rare commodore ever made were 2 vn group a's that were Bathurst tooheys 1000 specials. From memory I think they were both black in colour and they had certain features that were only available on these two cars. don't hold me to it as I read this over 8 or 9 years ago.

I wonder how much these would be worth now or if people just look at them like any group a?
They started life as Durif Red cars (build plate says so) and were painted black, that's it. One has been heavily modified, stroker, blown, etc so some people don't hold much weight for low build numbers.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
what surprises me though is, Holden will still be around until 2016 right?
so for the next 2 or so years, will they not build something else along the HSV lines?
I mean, will they not have a true final edition version aswell then?
something like this would have been a true gem in that case, just seems strange to do it this far from ceasing production in my eyes.

Or maybe they won't be around as long as envisaged and this is the last hero car.

Then again, there could well be another one or more hero cars to come.....coz mighty dollar.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Ford will shut before Holden, have you seen the updated Falcon that is coming out? No wonder they cant sell cars.
Maybe HSV/GMH are just wetting our appetite for a real swan song vehicle????
Can only hope.