Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV to make GTS Maloo

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
Holden to build the world’s fastest ute | News.com.au

HOLDEN is poised to introduce what will become the world’s fastest ute — probably of all time — leaving a legacy likely to last decades after General Motors’ Australian factories close in 2017.

It will be the first — and the last — Holden ute that can accelerate to 100km/h faster than a Porsche.

The Holden Special Vehicles performance car division will ensure the humble homegrown ute goes out with a very big bang by installing the supercharged V8 from the $100,000 HSV GTS sedan, the fastest and most powerful car Australia has ever produced.

Last edited by a moderator:

spice weasel (BAM)

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
I must admit i'm a tiny bit bummed out by this. I love my GTS but I only purchased it because they didn't have the supercharger in the maloo. I actually sold my old Maloo when I bought my GTS.

That being said i'll be curious to see if it is anywhere near as composed as the GTS is. Hopefully it gets all the good bits like the torque vectoring, improved diff etc and can cope with a different weight distribution.

Time will tell i suppose. Anyone want to buy me one to test it out? :)

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
by the sounds of it, itll just have a normal Maloo rear end unlike the suspension that is in the GTS.
apparently to retain some load carrying capacity.

not sure if they seriously expect people to be carrying much in the rear of one of them :s

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
by the sounds of it, itll just have a normal Maloo rear end unlike the suspension that is in the GTS.
apparently to retain some load carrying capacity.

not sure if they seriously expect people to be carrying much in the rear of one of them :s

Pffft - load carrying capacity :lmao:. Bet it'll be near total GTS other than the body. GTS diff etc is much bigger than the standard one and I'm sure the Maloo will need it too in which case the'll just slam the whole GTS rear cradle in. Don't expect there to be a spare tyre in the Maloo either :). Have heard a few whispers of a Senator version too which would be the ultimate for me.

Benzito

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SSV Ute
I can't imagine anyone using one of these as a workhorse, it's a showpony. But still, some idiot would buy one and complain that he can't get a 500kg load in the tray.
I guess if you're building a ute, even a $85k ute, it has to be able to perform as a load-carrying device.