Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HX Kingswood Deluxe

Pantha99

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS S1
Hey just wondering would anyone by any chance know how many hx kingswood deluxe models were made? Or how I could find out? Particularly the light blue with the dark blue roof. I believe all the deluxe models were 4.2l (253) auto from factory. I am just curious as to how rare this particular model really is.
Any info is much appreciated:)
Cheers.

R

Risky

I've seen a fair few over the years but I don't think it's a rare model. It's similar to the Holden Commodore Vacationer models & the Storm & Thunder utes to stimulate sales.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Risky is right.The Kingswood Deluxe was one of those limited production specials intended to promote sales. The HX was not a very popular model because it introduced ADR 27A and the Holden engines were pretty awful as a result.

Can't recall production numbets but they would have been around 2000 sedans and 500 wagons. Their rarity now arises because of their age rather than limited production. Apart from the odd colour combo's thete is nothing special about them. Value would be much the same as any HX Kingy in similar condition.