Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

i.c.e ignition wiring help

esaad

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr clubsport
hi guys, got this ignition kit from i.c.e for my 355 stroker and was wanting some advice, i know its pretty self explanatory but i'd rather double check than risk having to go over everything, and im not much of a learner from text i need hands on, anyway attached is both instruction sheets for you's to follow with me....

*in the instuction sheet attached point 3 says vehicle tachowire may connect to OE module or coil negative (not shown on diagram) do i need to find this wire and connect it to something? if so what?

*point 5 says white wire to OE coil neg wire - dissconnect from coil neg and connect to white wire from new module. does that mean the white wire from the new module connect to the old coil neg wire which now goes nowhere hence upgrading system?

*point 9+10 says make sure both vehicle body and engine are earthed to the battery, i have an earth strap from body to alternator bracket is that enough or do i need to add another earth direct from battery to body?

*the diagram shows booster red connecting to ignition switch, i pulled my cowl off and found about 4 wires going to the ignition switch, does anyone know which one to connect to, im guessing it wont be the red as it is prob direct positive wire?

*lastly, im gna mount both module and booster somewhere in the cabin, can i run both looms together through my existing audio amp hole in the firewall or do both looms need to be seperated?
and does my old ignition module have to be removed or can i leave it there but unplugged?

thanks to anyone who can clear up this info for me as im a lil paranoid to continue without reassurance.
cheers

Attachments

• CCI13122009_00000.jpg
    CCI13122009_00000.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 6,165
  • CCI13122009_00001.jpg
    CCI13122009_00001.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 2,688

esaad

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr clubsport
surely someone has hooked up a system like this or can clarify my queries are right???

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
hi guys, got this ignition kit from i.c.e for my 355 stroker and was wanting some advice, i know its pretty self explanatory but i'd rather double check than risk having to go over everything, and im not much of a learner from text i need hands on, anyway attached is both instruction sheets for you's to follow with me....

*in the instuction sheet attached point 3 says vehicle tachowire may connect to OE module or coil negative (not shown on diagram) do i need to find this wire and connect it to something? if so what?

It would be good to at least locate the signal for the tacho to see once you connect up
ICE it'll continue to work but I wouldn't worry about it until you have ICE working.

*point 5 says white wire to OE coil neg wire - dissconnect from coil neg and connect to white wire from new module. does that mean the white wire from the new module connect to the old coil neg wire which now goes nowhere hence upgrading system?

white to ignition module and green to the neg coil. drop off the existing neg tail on the coil and isolate.

*point 9+10 says make sure both vehicle body and engine are earthed to the battery, i have an earth strap from body to alternator bracket is that enough or do i need to add another earth direct from battery to body?

Nope as that's part on the engine yes?

*the diagram shows booster red connecting to ignition switch, i pulled my cowl off and found about 4 wires going to the ignition switch, does anyone know which one to connect to, im guessing it wont be the red as it is prob direct positive wire?

If you don't have a test lamp to source the correct feed you should get a pro to wire it up as this stuff is not hard... the more I read the less confident I am that you can succeed. I guess you are simply confusing yourself with the over detailed information that is supplied.

*lastly, im gna mount both module and booster somewhere in the cabin, can i run both looms together through my existing audio amp hole in the firewall or do both looms need to be seperated?
and does my old ignition module have to be removed or can i leave it there but unplugged?

I wouldn't as EFI would be more than likely through the audio system and don't you need to maintain the existing ignition module (white cable from 6100e/7100e)

thanks to anyone who can clear up this info for me as im a lil paranoid to continue without reassurance.
cheers

Not a worry I hope I helped in some way.. It's late and hopefully I've made sense :p

Last edited:

esaad

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr clubsport
thanx heaps, u hav helped alot...

esaad

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr clubsport
well after going through step by step these easy to follow instructions i only have one thing to connect and the job is done.
i have found on my ignition switch my pink wire is ignition (reds) and my purple wire is starter. i was thinking my new module red wire connects to the pink (reds) wire is this correct, can anyone confirm this, i wouldnt think the module would connect to only starter???

cheers

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
Seriously you are worrying me.

Connect the ICE feed (Red) to an ignition "on" state (not "acc": or "start").

esaad

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr clubsport
thanks for clearing that up my ignition on is the pink wire its the position the key is in when engine running.
sorry to worry you, im not the type to follow written instructions im the guy who knows how to do stuff once being shown and i can remeber that way but im a little tight for cash so i needed to do it myself and i can say now that my mods aren't all done by shop coz theres no point doing up a car if you dnt know what going on.

cheers