Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I know how a VE looks like

Dave398

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute Nickel Silver
Yeah but a VN Saloon car isnt exactly a standard road car is it.

Donnie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Black SV8
G'day ppls,

I dont know if any1 notice but the ve tail lights have a somewhat a 380 (magna replacement) look! and the front end doesnt look as big and bulky (enuff) to shove a v8 in! The front seem to be too small, i think the bulk went to the rear of the car! But thats just me!

Donnie

N

nicholasjoe

hmmmm.....

VZ deffinetly looks more appealing...

maybe reality might change everything.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Donnie said:
G'day ppls,

I dont know if any1 notice but the ve tail lights have a somewhat a 380 (magna replacement) look! and the front end doesnt look as big and bulky (enuff) to shove a v8 in! The front seem to be too small, i think the bulk went to the rear of the car! But thats just me!

Donnie

Yeah it's small hey, but the VN was supposed to run the Nissan six so it's got a couple foot of wasted space in front of the engine. The gen 3/4 is pretty short, it'll fit, I still don't like the lights running right up over the panel. If holden ever reads this please think about changing those! :)

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Was talking to a mate that works for holden yesterday. Doesn't look anything like the torana concept according to him. But he said its definately heading euro.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Three different guys from Holden all saying it looks different :confused: , the spy pictures look like a sedan version of the Torana with a more sedate/silly front end. Either way I look at it right now it looks deformed :p but I'm hoping it will improve. I don't understand how Holden have taken a platform that looked so wide and low on every single concept from all the different makers and made it so ugly? I was playing with the spy pictures in gimp and no matter what you do to it, it still looks weird

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
Here an image of the ve commo aqnd the audi a6 side side on...
Dug it up from another VE commodore thread...

attachment.php

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I like that picture of the VE much better, lower and with better tail lights :thumbsup: