Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I need a complete auto conversion for a 6.0 in vic?

slepar

omg duz it like...dose??
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
Hey fellas I currently have a 2007 ve ssv 6.0 6speed manual ute and to cut a long story short im over the manual and want an auto again ( I had a ve Calais 6.0 auto before this and I want the "smoothness" back) so I'm looking for a wreckers that will have everything I need and just wondering if someone on here might know a wreckers in vic? And how much my complete manual conversion would be worth? It's in good nick just a bit notchy sometimes but the mechanic has told me its just because of a worn/sticking internal slave cylinder, all help is very much appreciated cheers

xoom

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
damn,

i want a manual. too bad im in Adelaide.

try ebay usually cheap boxes come up

slepar

omg duz it like...dose??
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
Dam, were you thinking a trade? I have looked and its usually just the gearbox on its own cheers anyway....if anyone is interested in a swap just let me know ;)

Paleface

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV A6
Hey fellas,
I was interested in going to manual from auto and was talking to chris at Hi-Torque and was told too hard, can't get electrical stuff right, warning lights on dash etc, can't remember exact issues but was told better to change cars than trannys. Does anyone have a success story with this venture?

slepar

omg duz it like...dose??
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
I know it has been done, I've seen a manual gearbox or 2 for sale as a result of them converting to auto and my mechanic has already quoted me a price to do the conversion cheers

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
I know it has been done, I've seen a manual gearbox or 2 for sale as a result of them converting to auto and my mechanic has already quoted me a price to do the conversion cheers

Yes but has the mechanic ever done a VE Auto from VE Manual conversion successfully before with all the associated electronics or is your car going to be the experiment?

I would have thought it should be easy to offload a VE SSV man ute (and then buy a VE auto ute ) rather than going to all the trouble and risk of a conversion of that kind.

Anyway good luck with it.

slepar

omg duz it like...dose??
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
To be honest I don't know if he has personally done it but I know it can be done, my car is financed under a shuttle mortgage for tax purposes so in order to pay off the loan I have to pay all the interest aswell and there is no way I'd get a trade in price that would cover what I owe so the only option is to convert the car to auto cheers

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
To be honest I don't know if he has personally done it but I know it can be done, my car is financed under a shuttle mortgage for tax purposes so in order to pay off the loan I have to pay all the interest aswell and there is no way I'd get a trade in price that would cover what I owe so the only option is to convert the car to auto cheers

Take the money you are about to pay for the conversion, and use it to pay off the interest?

This is an expensive venture you plan to undertake. You will not get your money back when/if you resell.

TraidMarc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.traidmarc.com
Members Ride
VE Series II SS-V Redline Sportswagon A6 Phantom

If its financed for tax purposes the interest is tax deductible, and when you change cars you have to basically refinance, you can add the difference between the trade in and the amount you owe to the new mortgage, this will probably be cheaper & less hassle than changing the transmission.

Oh, and ANYTHING can be done, but refinancing seems way easier than changing a gearbox on the VE.
Also check your Shuttle Mortgage, you may not be allowed to do it(change gearbox) they are sometimes worded that the financier owns the vehicle.

turbodragon

Reaction score
Members Ride
470rwkw Twin Turbo VE SS-V
Hey mate,

I've got a Auto 06' SS-V sedan (though I don't think there's any difference between my car and yours in terms of driveline) and wouldn't mind a manual box in mine.

Any idea on rough costs for the conversion?