Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Illegal Parking

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
As long as he is parked more than three metres from the driveway entrance, he's in the clear. People park opposite and on either side of my driveway every day, and I can get my statesman out in one clean sweep. Your street is even wider than mine. Build a bridge and get over it :p

edit: if you genuinely can't get out of there, I genuinely suggest you practise more :)

Asmodai78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
how is he blocking your drive way, all i see is a vehicle parked legaly on the opposite of the street, the only Vehicle i see thats shouldnt be there is the one on the nature strip.

VXcommforlife

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
As long as he is parked more than three metres from the driveway entrance, he's in the clear. People park opposite and on either side of my driveway every day, and I can get my statesman out in one clean sweep. Your street is even wider than mine. Build a bridge and get over it :p

edit: if you genuinely can't get out of there, I genuinely suggest you practise more :)

I am not jumping up and down it just shits me they do not have any courtesy to anyone. Also i got out with out any trouble but i want to know if i did hit him would i legal rights to fight it.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I am not jumping up and down it just shits me they do not have any courtesy to anyone. Also i got out with out any trouble but i want to know if i did hit him would i legal rights to fight it.

No, if you hit him, its 100% your fault.

Like i said in my first post, just ask them. Maybe they aren't aware that its causing a problem for you.

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon

No, he is legally parked. Why would you have any right to claim it against him if you can't miss a parked car?

Just have a look down your street and how many parking spaces you can find that arent in front or across the road from someones driveway. I bet there are barely any.

I live down the road from a school and come home-time, the street fills up with parents picking up kids, so we often have 4wds parked across our driveway, but they always move if someone wants to get in or out so I don't have a problem with it

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
If people cant park across the road from another persons drive way... where can they park? It's not even a tight street!
There is PLENTY of space to reverse out of your driveway, either direction... unless you were planning on reversing straight across onto the footpath across the road

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
If people cant park across the road from another persons drive way... where can they park? It's not even a tight street!
There is PLENTY of space to reverse out of your driveway, either direction... unless you were planning on reversing straight across onto the footpath across the road

Clearly he is wanting to reverse onto the footpath across the road:whistling

VXcommforlife

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
Clearly he is wanting to reverse onto the footpath across the road:whistling

You can not tell me this car is not parking illegal.
12072009025.jpg

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
OK, now that we have a picture that shows it, yes, it's parked illegally... But which driveway is yours?

nathan549

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt II s pack
yes THAT picture shows that it is illegally parked, but i have a Suspicion that, that car is your car because the first pic wasnt focused on that car,

but i mite be wrong just how it looks