Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Illegal Parking

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
well, this thread may serve a purpose...

there are alot of people out there who dont know how to park, and to be considerate of other people... a lot of people just randomly stop their car and get out and go about their business

so maybe this thread could be used to clear up any misunderstandings as to what is and is not illegal parking

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
You can not tell me this car is not parking illegal.
12072009025.jpg

Lets not be ****tards here. You NEVER showed that whole car (probably deliberately) and you knew my comment was directed in response to the Blue Commodore.

BTW, you CAN block your own driveway, as much as you please, without facing a fine.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
I'd be more concerned about the maroon car halfway out on the street lol, or the old 4x4 parked doubly illegally.
If the honda blocks your driveway take a photo of that. that might make you look a bit more credible. As far as we know that car might belong to that house, or he might have an agreement that in order to save his car being hit by your wild reversing he parks it along a little. Who knows. not us because you didn't really tell us.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
or he might have an agreement that in order to save his car being hit by your wild reversing he parks it along a little.

lmao, I love it ^_^

Yeah, this thread started off kinda legit, but it's just wierd now.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
I'd be more concerned about the maroon car halfway out on the street lol, or the old 4x4 parked doubly illegally.
If the honda blocks your driveway take a photo of that. that might make you look a bit more credible. As far as we know that car might belong to that house, or he might have an agreement that in order to save his car being hit by your wild reversing he parks it along a little. Who knows. not us because you didn't really tell us.
Firstly that maroon vehicle looks like there is someone in it to me. In which case they are reversing out of the driveway?

Secondly that 4x4 is not parked doubly illegally. It is parked on a nature strip which is one law, whats the other? If it's the one i'm thinking of, that only applies on the road.

OP, as for moving vehicles, let the police deal with it: Road Safety Act 1986 - SECT 63A Removal of vehicles obstructing driveways etc. (a broken window by police or a towing fee is sure to set them straight)

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
I just went out to my car and there was a car parked across the road blocking my driveway. Can anyone tell me if i have a case against it because it happends every weekend.

Case for what? You planning on suing?

Really, get over it. It's not causing any obstruction to your drive way. Having a problem with it? As someone suggested, you have some options:

1. Call the police and put a really annoying pissy job on their plate. If I read in a job, "Car blocking drive way", I would fail to spot it if/when I turned up. Remember, these are the sorts of jobs (depending on what's happening) that I tend to cancel and not turn up to at all.

2. Wander over to whoever it belongs to and ask them not to do it again. Amazing that, actually sorting a problem out yourself.

3. Exercise some driving/reversing skill and get over it.

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
Also I'd be rather tempted to give that 4WD in the last photo a ticket for parking facing the wrong direction. An easy $21 there.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Also I'd be rather tempted to give that 4WD in the last photo a ticket for parking facing the wrong direction. An easy $21 there.

? it's not on the road.

i know here in NZ you aren't suppose to park within 1.5m of a driveway etc. you could always call a towtruck and get it towed. if it's across the driveway, not across the bloody road

Last edited:

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
they wouldnt happen to be churchies would they?