Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

immobiliser wont turn off, car no go,

Discussion in 'VN - VP Holden Commodore (1988 - 1993)' started by tonykt47, Mar 4, 2006.

1. tonykt47

tonykt47 Guest

I press the button on my trusty little black thingy on the keyring its little red light pulses but car wont unlock, used keys to get in but when try to start car it wont and tells me to press immobiliser button. i am up shiit creek here.

2. ScottB_33

ScottB_33 Go Hard or Go Home

Members Ride:
    VTII Berlina Supercharged
    Unfortunatly your remote is possibly dead, but I would try another battery in it just in case. The remotes are still available from Mongoose who manufactured the alarm system for the VP commodore. You have to send your old one to them and they will send the new ones back to you reprogrammed and ready to rock. I know that doesnt help you now but try that new battery first or try and find the other remote as all the cars came with two. You should also have whats called a ZARDY key which turns the alarm system off from that keyhole you find inside the passengers front door. If you have the key and turn the system off you can start the car without the remotes needed.

PS Dont forget to turn it back on!!

3. mattis96

mattis96 New Member

Members Ride:
    Vp Commodore
    i had the same problem with mine to mate, just take the screws out of it so it opens, and you should see like a blue ring looking thing above the button, i found when i just kept on running my fingers over the blue thing while pressing the button it would work again. So now that it has that problem i just have to leave it in the car and leave the screws out of it cause it always seem not to work when you put it back together, but that was only my experience with it and i didnt have the key to turn it off either.

4. VnChick85

VnChick85 Guest

My key is pretty stuffed to i have to leave a small piece of sandpaper in my car so if i can't turn it off i have to rub the corrosion of the battery terminals but i am waiting for the day that this won't work either.

5. anfsvl

anfsvl VPDRIVER

Members Ride:
    1993 Holden Commodore VP SII EXEC
    scottyb ey dude do u kno how i can contact mongoose n if u kno how much it is to replace the key pad...n if i can get another key for the secret hole near the passanger door...let us kno email me if need be v8_stanzie_legend@hotmail.com cheers

6. v6monstar

v6monstar New Member

Members Ride:
    96 vs executive
    this will help you get to work on time lol

dude turn on your your reds for 45 mins start your car turn off your car turn your reds back on
    and leave them on and disconnect your + battery lead and when you want to go some where
    put your lead back on the battery
    what this does is tricks the computer (ecu) so it still thinks the cars on even know theres no power coming from your battery it will still think the cars on
    this wont damage your computer it is completely safe to do to your car

THINK OF IT AS A PAUSE ON THE COMPUTER

7. wamboin23

wamboin23 Donating Member w/ Boost

Members Ride:
    VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VR Acclaim V6
    check the dates! this thread is 3 and a half years old...

8. scottie7

scottie7 New Member

Members Ride:
    VP
    Hi,

The engine immobiliser on my VP commodore won't turn off, so I can't start my car. The light on my remote key works fine. I replaced the battery anyway, just in case, but it still won't disable the engine immobiliser.

I'd love to be able to disable it permanently (using the zardy key) but I never got the key when I bought the car ~10 years ago.

Any suggestions for how I can cirumvent the engine immobiliser?

Scott. :)

9. scottie7

scottie7 New Member

Members Ride:
    VP
    Well, eventually the engine immobiliser responded. It was a hot day, so perhaps the sensor/receiver needed to cool down??

For future reference, where is the sensor/receiver located?

10. Warranty Void

Warranty Void Take it apart? Me? No!

Members Ride:
    VP Berlina LX V8
    Scott Bloke, you really urgently need to go to Jaycar or Dick Smith or somewhere like that and buy a replacement learning remote (or two) for about $50 each while your original still works enough to teach the new one. (Once your original is dead you're looking at fitting a new alarm.)
    It's not code hopping so the learning remote works fine. The "Valet" switch/lock in the passenger door frame will let you drive the car but the dash light will still be flashing and beeping. You should be able to buy a new switch/lock from Jaycar or Altronics for $20 or less, drill the rivets and swap out the old one.

11. delcowizzid

delcowizzid on holiday

Members Ride:
    в∞ѕтεכ √&
    or join the wires together behind the key like most people do will turn it off so you never need the key fob again

12. scottie7

scottie7 New Member

Members Ride:
    VP
    Hi WV,

Yeah, I am actually using a replacement remote. I bought 2 many years ago. I don't think the problem is at the transmitter end.

Oh! Good to know!

Hmmmm, if I can't find a way to circumvent the whole security system completely, I might just do that.

13. scottie7

scottie7 New Member

Members Ride:
    VP
    Hi DW,

Oh! I thought WV said that it will still flash & beep???

14. delcowizzid

delcowizzid on holiday

Members Ride:
    в∞ѕтεכ √&
    nah will turn it right off

15. Warranty Void

Warranty Void Take it apart? Me? No!

Members Ride:
    VP Berlina LX V8
    Mine flashes and beeps.

16. Tre

Tre New Member

Members Ride:
    Commodore Berlina VP
    Hi,
    Can anyone help me... I want to bypass or disconnect my immobiliser on my vp commodore as I have change the battery in my remote had electrician check remote was working. Car won't go and can't turn immobiliser off...

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  17. Lazyr8

Lazyr8 New Member

Members Ride:
    VYII R8 CLUBSPORT VE SS v2 monaro hsv avalanche 46
    i was going to buy a vp today that had been sitting in the guys garage got there and the immobiliser wouldn't turn off -_-
    he said he's gonna hire someone to come out and fix it because we couldnt disarm it

18. Laz88

Laz88 New Member

Members Ride:
    VP Calais
    anyone kno how to disarm vp calai security.. I dont have the key to turn it offthe remote is stuffed n just want it disarmed all together