Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Improvements on exhaust VE SV6 (2013)

NickAndonos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Z Series
So i recently got a xforce 2.25inch catback system on my ve sv6. It sounds great, but would prefer it to be a little bit louder. I don't want that **** fart noise or high pitched sound just something a little louder than what it is. I've heard things from different people, such as cold air intake, extractors, or high flow cats (which is way too expensive). Instead I thought of doing a straight pipe through the middle and then leaving the end mufflers(twin system) but would that make it sound too loud or shitty? Keen to hear what others have done to get a nice sound out of their sv6, and also videos would be nice! thanks.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Save your money, you can never make a Holden V6 sound any good. Something to so with the firing order of the cylinders etc.

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
I heard pace maker extractor's can make it sound better. BUT as above the VE V6's will always have that Sporty sound and never the V8 sound we would love for it to have.
Unless that 4-6 cyl Sporty sound is what you are after

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
People need to stop comparing V6 exhaust note to the V8's. It will never sound like a V8 and everyone should stop expecting them to or at least stop saying "it's not a V8"

I would suggest taking the front muffler out and leaving the small hotdogs in if your system has them. If not, just get rid of the muffler, it will be louder, it may get raspier being an X Force, they tend to be raspy and drony anyway on the V6.

The other way to do it is to change the intake to get more of an induction noise.