Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Input Appreciated - Swap my SV6 VE for VY S V8

Brock183

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Hello All,

Just wondering if I could have some input as I'm not 100% sure if I should do this or not.

Someone is offering a Auto 03/04 VY S LS1 Ute with 240,000 Kms (+ Full exhaust extractors back, Lowered, 18" Rims, Cam(didn't say what cams)), everything works fine except steering wheel controls.

My car is a 2006 SV6 VE 6 Speed manual with 125,000 Kms, mechanically fine. Bad points are some dents and AC needs new compressor.

My only concerns is the higher Kms and that I prefer manual.
Should I be getting cash my way?
Appreciate your input!

pebbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series 2
Wouldnt expect to pay much if at all for the swap if thats what you really want, but is it? You say you really want a manual, why go for auto?
Personally I think you could do way better by selling yours and buying a lower klm not molested ute, what the reason he want to swap?

Brock183

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Wouldnt expect to pay much if at all for the swap if thats what you really want, but is it? You say you really want a manual, why go for auto?
Personally I think you could do way better by selling yours and buying a lower klm not molested ute, what the reason he want to swap?

I put my car on FB to see if I could get swaps for a lower model and cash my way because I want to get a Ute and dirtbike.

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
Keep the VE and buy a trailer :)

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON

Brock183

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Yeah, would also need to buy a towbar kit, think they are around $450?
Haven't really looked at how to install it but I assume it can be done without getting a mechanic to do it?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
While I personally love the VT-VZ models, the VE was a big step forward in so many ways. This swap makes no sense for all sorts of reasons. If you want a dirt bike, get the tow bar and trailer as suggested. Utes may be cool but going backwards from a newer car with half the k's on it just to get your hands on a ute seems dumb to me.

Brock183

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I have had another offer which I think might be good.
Good condition VZ Ute 2005 with 150,000Kms, has just been over the pits so I would assume no issues.
Thinking a straight swap would be fair as my car does have a few dents?