Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS1] instaling fuel rails and regulater

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
For you there is no advantage, I only went a return system as apparently it puts less stress on the twin fuel pumps in the tray. You could upgrade to a Walbro in tank pump (rated for 550hp) if you were really keen, but that'd just be spending money for the sake of it.

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
no offence but those engines just look like a mess...so many parts hangin off it!

Lohnrow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais
Is there anyway you can blead the rails after to get fuel pressure and no air locked in the rails, iv got everything done and I’m not sure about starting it because there is a lot of air in the system

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
just prime pump with key on couple times to build pressure and it will be fine

Lohnrow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais
Thanks mate I’ll keep doing that then I just loosened a blank in the rail and it sounded like it had built up a bit of pressure, but like you said I’ll just keep doing that

Lohnrow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais
Thanks very much perfect, I brought this car cheap and noticed it had after market rotating assembly, head work springs roller rockers and new auto and huges converter, but one it started it was on the verge of a rattle and missing, i notice the map sensor is at 83 so i did a compression test and one bank all perfect the other a little bit down but the last one was 3 psi I’m not kidding, the rockers look okay but it sort of looks like someone might have rounded the bolts just on that cylinder, can anyone give me some guidance please

Attachments

• ECF6BD2A-CBFB-4625-B86B-FE960E0AFEFB.jpeg
    ECF6BD2A-CBFB-4625-B86B-FE960E0AFEFB.jpeg
    239.5 KB · Views: 175

Lohnrow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais
By the way, primed it like you said, and started straight up, I just was put off by the air pressure that built up thanks for the help

Lohnrow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais
I did compression test and all were 175 with in 5 until the last one was at 8 psi i though maybe bent push rod but i did a wet test today and it went to 18 psi and wile winding it over you could hear it hising from the crankcase so, what do you think piston rings remember it was a pro charged car before i got it , what happens can i just replace the one piston and do rings or will the bore be stuffed and head,

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Could just be a head gasket won't know till you get it apart