Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing a Stereo into a VN - VS

A

--andy--

a car stereo place here in perth told me they could do it for my alpine HU for about $200. I think it is a stinger unit/module thing. i was gonna get it done then they said i also had to get newer buttons as the '94 VR ones were a different style ($100) so i never bothered - i have a remote ... i do miss the buttons tho..

skidmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 2 BERLINA 3.8L
i was wondering how to go about installing 6" speakers in the front door of my VN Berlina. also are there any wires to do with power windows or central locking that i might cut during installation. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Simon232

Reaction score
Do you remove the whole air conditioning unit? I have it unscrewed but i dont no about the wires etc. If i could get it disconnected then i should be able to get the whole surrond of the tape deck out (at the moment the airconditing unit stops it. How do i remove it? I cant seem to get my ahnd around to disconnected. Any help? If i could get it out then i would be able to get better view of the tape deck and what is holding it in, as at the moment i have already removed about 10 screws and it still isnt coming out. Thanks

Waussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec V6 Clubsport Kit
Hi All,

Was gonna do an install this weekend and the Wiring spreadsheet that Darren mentions would be handy but the link seems dead. Can anyone repost the spreadsheet.

Thanks...Waussie.

K

Konker

cheers dude. just the gear selector cover was a huge help. cheers a heap boss

M

matthewemerson

matthewemerson

I can't find all the plugs in the back of fan speed unit. I haven't got climate control so i'm expecting to find a few plugs. How do i disconnect everything. I'm getting the biggest head ache trying to work it out and i definitely don't wont to break anything.

If someone could give me some detailed and accurate instructions it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

seabs

Reaction score
Website
seabrook.homemail.com.au
Members Ride
Gen F R8 SV
matthewemerson said:
I can't find all the plugs in the back of fan speed unit. I haven't got climate control so i'm expecting to find a few plugs. How do i disconnect everything. I'm getting the biggest head ache trying to work it out and i definitely don't wont to break anything.

If someone could give me some detailed and accurate instructions it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt
i've got the same problem, i cant remove the fan speed controller/ac controls.

it seems to come out a bit then stops (it stops too short to see the back of it to remove plugs)

please help us! cheers

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Running down the side of the console heading back toward the firewall you will find a plastic clip down near the foot rest which needs unclipping using a small flathead screwdriver.

Before unclipping it, it might pay to mark it in someway ie liquid paper so you get it in the right spot when you put it back together.

seabs

Reaction score
Website
seabrook.homemail.com.au
Members Ride
Gen F R8 SV
Darren said:
Running down the side of the console heading back toward the firewall you will find a plastic clip down near the foot rest which needs unclipping using a small flathead screwdriver.

Before unclipping it, it might pay to mark it in someway ie liquid paper so you get it in the right spot when you put it back together.
cheers! will give it a go this arvo!

thanks mate