Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing Mace hub/pulley

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
I have just installed hub and 10psi pulley. I would just like clarification though - the instructions talk of seating the pulley flush with the end of the supercharger shaft.

To clarify - is the hub supposed to be flush with the shaft end, or once attached, should the pulley be flush with the shaft end - or is there enough margin that either way (or anywhere in between) is fine?

MACE

Reaction score
Hey Fletch_QLD,

The hub is suppose to sit flush on the end of the shaft. If you have the pulley sitting flush on the end of the shaft instead the it will still be fine just won't be able to use it as an 8PK belt setup.

The belt should sit in the middle of the pulley groves (one spare rib on each side with the supplied belt). 1mm either way is not the end of the word as there is an inherent element of give in the belt.

Hope this helps

Cheers,
Steve

P.S. For problem like this best to give us a call on 1300 GO MACE (1300 466 223) as I'm not always in front of a computer (though I am most of the time)