Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

instructions on installing cargo barrier into vy adventra

int21t

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy adventra
i am after the instructions on installing a cargo barrier to a vy adventra.

holden want $250 to install and others wont install it without the instruction sheet.
i'd could possibly do it myself with the instruction sheet also.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
i am after the instructions on installing a cargo barrier to a vy adventra.

holden want $250 to install and others wont install it without the instruction sheet.
i'd could possibly do it myself with the instruction sheet also.

will get back to you in the next day or two

jet-6

Yer im that guy!
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ SX6 ADVENTRA
Its 4 twist lock clips, just put it in and put the 4 clips in and your done

kohan

kohan
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt exec s1 wagon 6cyl
i dont know why you would want one, such an ugly thing in such a nice car. Anyway the first thing i did when i got my vt wagon was "un-install" it and chuck it out, and it was very easy, its kinda self explanatory. cant imagine it would be any more difficult to install it, i reckon you should have a shot and if it doesnt work, get it done for you. Should take 5mins. Good luck

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
i dont know why you would want one, such an ugly thing in such a nice car. Anyway the first thing i did when i got my vt wagon was "un-install" it and chuck it out, and it was very easy, its kinda self explanatory. cant imagine it would be any more difficult to install it, i reckon you should have a shot and if it doesnt work, get it done for you. Should take 5mins. Good luck

when you do a trip with a heap of gear, like a 50l fridge, battery pack, tents, poles etc,

its a very good safety option, you dont have to worry about something flying forward and smashing your head open and killing you on a moderate accident

to the op, e-mail has been sent to you

SSZ Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6
Is it the net or the solid option? I had the net, very simple to install. As mentioned above, 2 quarter turn fasteners up top and 2 clips down bottom that clip onto the tie down points that slide into the rails. Advantage of the net on is that you can still drop a seat and slide long stuff through and you can also take it out and it rolls up neatly

Trevor 062

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SSV REDLINE & 07 VZ ACCLAIM WAGON
He may not have the interior fittings installed in the head lining to take the barrier mounts.. That's what he may be after..

Andy I agree with you, when the wagons loaded to the roof, they sure save the back seat passengers from being bombarded with luggage.

int21t

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy adventra
thanks very much for the email, its exactly what i needed,
i dont have any mounts installed, but will soon.
thanks again

stuntman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim Wagon
Hey guys,

I am a newb here, but I am interested in the same info (thought I may as well add onto this thread even though it is a bit old). I have had a VY series I wagon for some time and just scored a cargo barrier - but I don't have the mounting sockets and not prepared to cut the lining without some guide first.

I am assuming (from what I've read here) that if I can get a mounting kit seperately if its needed. No troubles with doing the work myself but some instructions would be handy.

cheers, Shawn

llessur

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy wagon
I have same problem....my vy wagon does not have from mounting sockets.... so your saying you can buy these off holden
and cut lining and install them....wish there were some techanical photos of this....?