Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Instruments black out

lehmo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL Statesman
Hi I'm new here, I have a WL Statesman with 95000km on the clock and I've only had it a week and a half. While I'm driving out of the blue my instrument lights go out and when they come back on it takes a couple of secs before the guages start to work again. Today it happen and the abs fault came up in the area where your km are displayed and the radio cut out the sunroof wouldn't work but the engine runs fine. It starts good I've just cleaned the battery terminals and sprayed them with a protectant. I haven't driven it since. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Cheers

Old_School

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S 3.8L , VT Callais SC L67 3.8L
Hi I'm new here, I have a WL Statesman with 95000km on the clock and I've only had it a week and a half. While I'm driving out of the blue my instrument lights go out and when they come back on it takes a couple of secs before the guages start to work again. Today it happen and the abs fault came up in the area where your km are displayed and the radio cut out the sunroof wouldn't work but the engine runs fine. It starts good I've just cleaned the battery terminals and sprayed them with a protectant. I haven't driven it since. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Cheers
Did You ever sort the Problem out, with Yours? My 97' VT Calais S/C 6 , is doing the same sort of intermitent faults on the dash display & giving a warning series of about 6 beeps tone, when the car is started, & ive taken out the radio & the sub / amp fuses 24 & 25 because when I go over a bad bump & sumtimes randomly, the factory CD Tape Radio will come on flatout & scare the crap out of me lol, & be very hard to turn it off sometimes, I'm suspecting the BCM, the engine & Super Charger Function fine, apart from the Thermo Fans coming on when cold starting the car, like the system doesnt know what to do, so runs the Thermo's, incase as a self defense mode im guessing, any clues would be appreciated, cheers.