Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Interior light & electric height adjustment button on my commodore 2018 RS!

G€€.R$

Reaction score
Members Ride
RS v6
Hi peps I need help I just recently bought my commodore 2018 rs, and I notice the interior lights doesn't work light even when I set it to door open no light comes on or even wen I press the the button for the lights to come on riverside or passenger side both off them and the middle interior dome.lights doesn't turn on I've looked at the fuse n I can't find which 1 is the the fuse for it can someone help me and for somereason on my driver seat the button for the heights off the seat doesn't work but going forward and backward works and the back rest works only the button for the height doesn't work cab some one please help me with these 2 problems thanks my fellow Holden peps..

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
look at fuse 41 in the glovebox fusebox it is for the overhead console.

as for the seat the button or wiring is probably broken/unplugged.
try and look under the seat for loose wiring or plugs, people installing seat covers tend to screw with the wiring under the seats.

G€€.R$

Reaction score
Members Ride
RS v6
look at fuse 41 in the glovebox fusebox it is for the overhead console.

as for the seat the button or wiring is probably broken/unplugged.
try and look under the seat for loose wiring or plugs, people installing seat covers tend to screw with the wiring under the seats.
Um ill check the fuse now and it's weird man idk wats going on but my front interior and middle interior light doesn't work, hopefully it's just the fuse. And the seat I checked it no wire or loose wire so I'm completely lost abt that 1 but thanks for your help ay I'll letcha know if the fuse is the problem ok. And do you know much abt the windscreen auto wipers? Cause it's on and in the setting it's turned on aswell but wen it rains nothing happens idk wats goingnon with this car just all these lil things lol thanks anyways.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
do you know much abt the windscreen auto wipers?

put the wipers on auto and grab a hose and spray the front window in the middle at the top.
there is a infrared sensor there that is used to detect water on the window.

if they do not start wiping and the fuse 41 is ok i am starting to think that your rs is an ex police model with certain features disabled which will require a visit to a holden dealer to correct.

OR

someone has played around with the wiring in the roof console which will require the roof console to be popped out and a visual inspection of the plugs and wiring.
the cover on the eyes forward system above the rear vision mirror will need to be opened and the infrared sensor wiring/plugs inspected too.

G€€.R$

Reaction score
Members Ride
RS v6
Dowsnt wprk the wiper and fuse not blown any other suggestion?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Dowsnt wprk the wiper and fuse not blown any other suggestion?
take it to a holden dealer if you can find one and see if they can use gds to check the sensor and see if any functions are disabled.

the roof lights and wiper sensor wires all run through the same loom so if someone has messed with the wiring it will stop things working.

something else people like to do is hook up dash cams to the wiper sensor power or the electrochromic mirror if fitted so a visual inspection of the loom might be required.
the loom to the roof might be unplugged somewhere and that will stop the auto wipers and roof lights working.
does the hands free microphone work in the vehicle? as that should be in the same loom.

i posted a Zipped PDF Manual for the buick which is the same vehicle, its 9000 pages of mess but you should be able to find the info for the roof loom and find the locations of the plugs to check them.