Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

interior no power

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
quick update, car has power to mirrors and central locking
The door harnesses come off F7. If you intend to keep this car for a while and get it right you'll need a good manual like a Gregory's. Or better still the original GMH manuals if you can find any.
The wiring diagrams are in Vol 8 of the GMH VP/VQ manual- that's where I'm getting this info from.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lex

Bay 13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT.
Sounds like someone tried to hot wire it, maybe look inside the steering column and see if no wires have been cut. Then I would be looking at the light switch and harness.

davemate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSS
yeah this car is messed up. all of the plugs were disconnected from the tail lights to the wipers and headlights, bloody auction cars, plugged them in and a new alternator, battery, few fuses and relays later most has come good. still a bit of dodgy wiring around the engine bay fuse box to insulate but still dont have cluster instruments such as speedo, tacho, fuel and temp gauges. no power to fuse 7 under dash still ?

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
The attached wiring diagram may help you:

Attachments

• VNV8_Wiring Diagram_b.pdf
    42.5 KB · Views: 105

davemate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSS
thanks heaps, any idea where fuse 7 is ?

davemate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSS
sorry i should have been more clear, i meant where is fuse 7 in the diagram that blackvxgts shared, i know where it is on the car but want to know where its runs

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
That diagram is for the engine management wiring, it doesn't cover the cars accessories wiring unfortunately.

davemate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSS
Anyone got the right diagram ?

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
yeah this car is messed up. all of the plugs were disconnected from the tail lights to the wipers and headlights, bloody auction cars, plugged them in and a new alternator, battery, few fuses and relays later most has come good. still a bit of dodgy wiring around the engine bay fuse box to insulate but still dont have cluster instruments such as speedo, tacho, fuel and temp gauges. no power to fuse 7 under dash still ?
F7 is fed directly through the loom from fusible link FJ . Sorry I don't have a wiring diagram I can post up.