Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is 20% Tint too dark?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SPORTSWAGON MY10 SIDI
Hey got my VE booked in for window Tinting on friday, going for the darkest legal tint which is 35% tint, i asked what was the next darkest tint and they have told me 20% tint, is this too dark? and as i have a wagon is it legal to have my rear windows darker than my front passanger?

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Front windows can only be darkest legal, rear window and rear passenger windows etc can be darker.

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
wellll

my rears are 15, and reversing/driving at night..forget about it :p haha

looks good tho!

.FOREVER SIDEWAYZ.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Lumina Wagon
i used to have 5% on my ve omega on all windows but got defected so got 20% on front now and looks great and good visability much better then used to have

Reaction score
Members Ride
i rang up today to ask and the guy said that its illegal to have darker than 35% on the rear windows on wagons? ive never heard this i always thought you could go as dark as you like on the rears as long as the front passangers are 35%, fark it im going for 20% all round! cheers guys

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah its not metalised, black car = black dyed tint, hard decision hmmmmmm................

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
20% is not dark enough, mmm 5% is not dark enough either. 2 shades of 5% and were talking lol