Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is Aftermarket Door lock actuator good?

Aalbloshi

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore WL / Caprice 2005 SS
hey guys, so The Situation is that my driver door and Rear Door lock actuator is completely fried up, i found some aftermarket Actuators on AliExpress should i order from there?

(New/Used parts are impossible to find here in middle east and the shipping fees from Australia Costs alot)

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
If they are aftermarket actuators that are model specific fitment then they might be worth a try if you're on a budget, however if they are a universal type fitment and will require hacking into the door metal and drilling mounting holes then I would spend the extra and buy OEM.

Aalbloshi

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore WL / Caprice 2005 SS
If they are aftermarket actuators that are model specific fitment then they might be worth a try if you're on a budget, however if they are a universal type fitment and will require hacking into the door metal and drilling mounting holes then I would spend the extra and buy OEM.
They are Specifically designed for the Commodores from 1999 to 2005 not the universal ones, but thanks for the Advise dude!. i’ll give it a shot!

apollo13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE LPG
hey guys, so The Situation is that my driver door and Rear Door lock actuator is completely fried up, i found some aftermarket Actuators on AliExpress should i order from there?

(New/Used parts are impossible to find here in middle east and the shipping fees from Australia Costs alot)
They should be same as in Opel Omega B. Has the part sold out in Europe too?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I’ve used them and they are fine.