Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is anyone considering the NG commodore after their VF?

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
If the last Holden that you purchased was a VZ then that would have had something to do with it too....

Back on track, I take it that you won't be buying the NG Commodore?

yes or second hand

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
No, but not for any prejudice againat the car.

Its just the wrong sort of car for me. I don't need or want V8 performance and a good V6 is more than adequate. However, like just about every modern sedan it's too low for easy entrance and exit when you have dud knees.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
http://www.caradvice.com.au/513728/...obs-down-under-to-ace-australian-open-crowds/

2018-kia-stinger-gt-aus-open-14.jpg

here is the Stinger i think this could be a hit even the police are looking at them

http://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news/kia-stinger-gt-on-the-cards-for-australian-police-50343
Kia-Stinger-PoliceCar.jpg

Last edited:

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY17 Series 2 Redline - Red Hot
9 Speed Auto - Fact
230 KW - Fact
All Wheel Drive - Fact
Faster - Fact (Will be at least 1 second faster to 100kms than current V6 VF)
More economical - Fact
Handle Better - 200 kg lighter with AWD. Should handle better unless they really stuff it up.

Don't need to drive it. Just look at the facts.

and Smaller

I have three growing kids so unless they can fit as comfortably in the back as in a VF then I wouldn't even bother considering any of the above.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
and Smaller

I have three growing kids so unless they can fit as comfortably in the back as in a VF then I wouldn't even bother considering any of the above.
While that's obviously all fact that you can't avoid, I think you're either stuck with a people-mover or buying a $150k+ German limo to get more interior space.
SUV's have less room than the new Commodore will have, so it's Tarago or ... well, an AMG S65 isn't a bad car, I just can't afford one. :)

No way

If i decide to go for mid sized fwd or awd it will not be made by Holden.
Lucky Holden can offer you one that's made by Opel. :D
Well a large one, bigger than "mid".

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
While that's true, I think you're either stuck with a people-mover or buying a $150k+ German limo to get more interior space.
SUV's have less room than the new Commodore will have, so it's Tarago or ... well, an AMG S65 isn't a bad car, I just can't afford one. :)

Have you seen inside a Skoda superb recently...?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Fair call! Plus they come in wagon.
Plus I forgot about the (admittedly fugly) Chrysler 300, they're pretty roomy too.
And those Hyundai limo things, they're pretty roomy as well, if a bit pricey.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
Fair call! Plus they come in wagon.
Plus I forgot about the (admittedly fugly) Chrysler 300, they're pretty roomy too.
And those Hyundai limo things, they're pretty roomy as well, if a bit pricey.
Wouldn't touch the Chrysler personally, just doesn't do it for me. The genesis from Hyundai? Certainly an option, but would be nice if they brought the V8 here.

Superb 206tsi (or whatever it may be in a few years) would certainly be on my shopping list. They are deceptively huge on the inside and with the slightly detuned Golf R engine, a handy performer as well..

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
and Smaller

When my dad bought his VH brand new, me and my sister were growing kids (teenagers) and we had no problem at all with space. I couldn't imagine the NG would be any smaller inside than a VH.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
When my dad bought his VH brand new, me and my sister were growing kids (teenagers) and we had no problem at all with space. I couldn't imagine the NG would be any smaller inside than a VH.

VH also had vinyl seats standard and no air-con...my point being that things progress and what we thought to be ok years ago doesn't always fit the bill now.