Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is the L67 supercharged motor similar to the stock ecotec in smoothness or rather lac

Discussion in 'VT - VX Holden Commodore (1997 - 2002)' started by muso, Dec 7, 2005.

1. muso

muso New Member

Members Ride:
    BA xr6 turbo Heinrich tuned to 300 rwkw's
    Is the L67 supercharged motor smoother than the atmo ecotec?

I am aware that the L67 motor is internally different than the Ecotec in order to suit the forced induction, but what I want to know is do they sound and drive similar (light throttle that is)

I guess another way to put it would be to say if the two engines were compared as naturally aspirated units how differently would they drive, I know the L67 would have reduced compression but I am referring more to how they sound and how they drive, NVH etc. Is the L67 a smoother job than the stock and harsh Ecotec?

2. Charg'd

Charg'd New Member

Members Ride:
    ford
    my xu6 has an L67 s/c motor imo they are smoother, this being based that i havnt driven a stock vt very much at all, but jumping from my xu6 to a vt exec, its like goin from vt too vr big difference

3. SUPERV6

SUPERV6 SUPERV6 13.299@101.44

Members Ride:
    VT 'S' Supercharged V6
    I've driven my VT L67 in stock and modded form and also I have a VY V6 Crewman and there is no great difference between them...apart from the obvious power increase :D. The L36 Crewman must have a higher stall than the L67 as its revs flare a lot more on light throttle and the TCC drop out is much more noticeable in the VY.