Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is the L67 supercharged motor similar to the stock ecotec in smoothness or rather lac

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
BA xr6 turbo Heinrich tuned to 300 rwkw's
Is the L67 supercharged motor smoother than the atmo ecotec?

I am aware that the L67 motor is internally different than the Ecotec in order to suit the forced induction, but what I want to know is do they sound and drive similar (light throttle that is)

I guess another way to put it would be to say if the two engines were compared as naturally aspirated units how differently would they drive, I know the L67 would have reduced compression but I am referring more to how they sound and how they drive, NVH etc. Is the L67 a smoother job than the stock and harsh Ecotec?

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
muso said:
I am aware that the L67 motor is internally different than the Ecotec in order to suit the forced induction, but what I want to know is do they sound and drive similar (light throttle that is)

I guess another way to put it would be to say if the two engines were compared as naturally aspirated units how differently would they drive, I know the L67 would have reduced compression but I am referring more to how they sound and how they drive, NVH etc. Is the L67 a smoother job than the stock and harsh Ecotec?

my xu6 has an L67 s/c motor imo they are smoother, this being based that i havnt driven a stock vt very much at all, but jumping from my xu6 to a vt exec, its like goin from vt too vr big difference

Reaction score
Website
members.dodo.net.au
Members Ride
VT 'S' Supercharged V6
I've driven my VT L67 in stock and modded form and also I have a VY V6 Crewman and there is no great difference between them...apart from the obvious power increase :D. The L36 Crewman must have a higher stall than the L67 as its revs flare a lot more on light throttle and the TCC drop out is much more noticeable in the VY.