Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is there a way to get your shed to a point you can use it even if there's more to do

shonky12

Reaction score
Hi

Have a shed at moment that is getting all new shelving and stuff and like everyone you can only afford one job at a time on it and sometimes it can be weeks months before you can afford the next thing and at moment don't really have the $$$ to do anymore at moment and need to get it usable for certain reasons but don't really have the $$$ at moment to do anymore to it.

One reason is the particular car needs a lot fixed and constantly needs something fixed which is costing some time an $$$ at moment but is understandable as the particular one has over 300,000km and is old but don't want to trade up as like older cars and going to car shows.

What could you do to make things alittle easier and better.

What could you do to get bigger shed like certain people you know and be able to have your storage problems sorted

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Get a higher paying job.

marty351

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl gemini
Hi

Have a shed at moment that is getting all new shelving and stuff and like everyone you can only afford one job at a time on it and sometimes it can be weeks months before you can afford the next thing and at moment don't really have the $$$ to do anymore at moment and need to get it usable for certain reasons but don't really have the $$$ at moment to do anymore to it.

One reason is the particular car needs a lot fixed and constantly needs something fixed which is costing some time an $$$ at moment but is understandable as the particular one has over 300,000km and is old but don't want to trade up as like older cars and going to car shows.

What could you do to make things alittle easier and better.

What could you do to get bigger shed like certain people you know and be able to have your storage problems sorted
As I said on another forum;

marty351

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl gemini
As I said on another forum;

Car first, shed later.
Without a car, how do you transport new shelving for your shed?

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Find things and make every thing your self depending on where you work might effect what you find I guess. I found most of that and dragged it home I'm a poorper.
ifoundmostofthis_zpsc3sh5gsr.jpg

Last edited:

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I never know when Shonky posts whether he's...
(A) the real deal
(B) a troll,or
(C) genuinely as stupid as his posts.

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
dyi recycle upcycle , not everything in the shed has to be new , scoure the junk shops and second hand stores old cupborads and chest of drawers are cheap and good for storage , old filing cabients are good lock up storage too . benches on wheels are great so you can move them around the shop when needed or not .
throw out anything you don't want or need as this leads to lost space in the workshop ,
a cheap garden shed out the back is another cheap storage option or a 20 foot container if you have the room and $$$$ .

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I never know when Shonky posts whether he's...
(A) the real deal
(B) a troll,or
(C) genuinely as stupid as his posts.

He has a twin brother on the Ford Forums (car10002) that seems to come up with the same enquiries at the same time.

H

harrop.senator

Tec screws, mdf sheets and zipties and hang the majority that's not in your tool boxes on the wall. I've gone from a 6 car workshop with mezanine to two storage sheds and a 1 car garage thats powered. It's hard work but I built a bench that went the whole width of the back wall that has my parts tub under it, exhaust bender, compressor, bin, bolts boxes, gasless mig. 3/4 bench space with removable mounted drill press that i swing up and bolt onto two tacked wingnuts when i want it. I have a shelf on the other 1/4 of the bench, a rack and i keep a tressel table folded up with spare sheets on the bench shelf for building engines to lay parts down on.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Its a shed.
Does it have a roof? Yes. No problem then. Stack it all in the corner and forget all about it. If your trying to work on your 300,000km vehicle your going to have bigger issues than "where's my damn 10mm socket"