Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Islamist Extremists must be stopped!

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Really? Well what the #### else do you want private individuals to do? What else can they do? Hmm?

Is this a serious comment?

Protests! They're already good at those but instead of giving their primary school kids signs that say "cut of the heads of anyone that insults the Prophet" or whatever it was that muslim kid's sign said, how about they have signs with something like "end Islamic Extremism" or "I don't care how my meat is prepared".

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Even then, some might be put off organising it due to security issues. Such a gathering would be a prime target for an attack. Even more so than any western target.

As for Halal - Meh...

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Even then, some might be put off organising it due to security issues. Such a gathering would be a prime target for an attack. Even more so than any western target.

As for Halal - Meh...
Your missing the point, they protest now with no care for security.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2

Gees, you're good at firing bullets at others, but when asked for suggestions as to how the Muslim community might help to rectify the situation, this is the best you can do? It rings of the fear I and others have spoken of already in this thread; that is, the fear within the moderate, decent Muslim community, that the ratbag element might turn on them. So, are you saying that involving the decent Muslim community won't work? Sure sounds like it. You say that the manner of discussion on this thread indicates that the intention of terrorist is to frighten and terrorise has been achieved, then make a statement like the quote above. Recently, a large gathering of those decent people, including the father of the worst of the scum in Syria at present, gathered to confirm their abhorrence of IS and their appreciation for the life they can lead here. It was well covered in the media. It showed that a lot od decent Muslims are prepared to stand up and be counted, but they only represent a very, very small percentage of the 460,000+ Muslims now living in Australia. It was a good start, but needs to occur more and on a larger scale. The clerics who object or complain about discrimination and bullying of the Muslim community need to be told by these people that their views are wrong and out of sync with the mainstream thinking within that community.

I know you hate Tony Abbott, so perhaps you tuned out when his address to the UN was telecast earlier today, but he has said that the fight against Islamic extremists is not simply a case of the West fighting them - it's a case of ALL nations working together, including Muslim nations. The fact that five or six have already become part of the Coalition is very encouraging, unlike the impression you repeatedly convey which is "what can we/they do?" Sounds very weak and defeatist, to me, and I imagine to a number of others on this forum.

Earlier in this thread, you suggested that too much attention was being paid to this issue, and too little to domestic violence. As a former long term employee of a Police department, working alongside police in a very busy Command (which happened to have one of the largest populations in NSW, mainly Anglo-Saxon), I can recall that approximately 80% of general duty police work revolved around "domestics" - drunken husbands, wives, fights, arguments, etc. The police spent an enormous amount of time trying to deal with this issue, but because so much of it occurs within the confines of the home, there is no simple answer to the problem. NSW has conducted lengthy "It's unacceptable" campaigns, at considerable expense, for years. What has it achieved? Not nearly enough. It's too complex and involves too large a proportion of the population in many lower socio-economic areas. While domestic violence is a cancer within our society, it isn't the threat to our safety that IS and its "local representatives" have the potential to be.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
I was referring to a very large demo on the scale of March in March, citing things like RK suggested. Anyway....

Involving moderates en masse could help, but it could be difficult due to aforementioned security reasons. If the fear in the moderate community is similar to what is in the 'westerner' community, indeed the enemy has already won, which is sad.

Domestically, all we can do is hope counterterrorism forces are working well, and circumvent bad things before they happen. We can't get to the real core root of the problem here involving people, police and communities far away from the root to the problem. Most of the problem lies internationally, so yes it has international solution. How that pans out....well...military force? Two minds about this. Yes something should be done, but previous incursions into Afghanistan and Iraq have shown a war against terrorism is difficult, prolonged and expensive. So sitting on the fence here.

Ultimately, you will always have the spectre of Islamic fanaticism on planet earth as long as you have middle eastern/African/Asian countries with a significant Muslim population who are deprived of science, education, political stability, secular political democracy, jobs and a stable economy, for whatever reason. Until these issues are solved by whatever means, anything else is treating the symptom rather than the disease.

Last edited:

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I was referring to a very large demo on the scale of March in March, citing things like RK suggested. Anyway....

Involving moderates en masse could help, but it could be difficult due to aforementioned security reasons. If the fear in the moderate community is similar to what is in the 'westerner' community, indeed the enemy has already won, which is sad.

International campaigns are a separate issue. Domestically, all we can do is hope counterterrorism forces are working well, and circumvent bad things before they happen. We can't get to the real core root of the problem here. Most of the problem lies internationally, so yes it has international solution. How that pans out....well...military force? Two minds about this. Yes something should be done, but previous incursions into Afghanistan and Iraq have shown a war against terrorism is difficult, prolonged and expensive. So sitting on the fence here.
Sitting on the fence, so like a cookie cutter mould greens member. Shoot down all the ideas while offering nothing in the way of a suggestion.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well a green would oppose it hands down....I'm no longer a green anyway (?)

Maybe it's better not to make a suggestion than the wrong one?

Ok what would you do then? Military coalition action? It might work - in the short term. But to remove the problem once and for all requires a multilateral approach, looking at local economics, government, humanitarian and political issues. Eg. What ISIS is doing is expensive. Who is funding them?

Last edited:

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Well a green would oppose it hands down....I'm no longer a green anyway (?)

Maybe it's better not to make a suggestion than the wrong one?

Ok what would you do then? Military coalition action? It might work - in the short term. But to remove the problem once and for all requires a multilateral approach, looking at local economics, government, humanitarian and political issues. Eg. What ISIS is doing is expensive. Who is funding them?

Good question. It's possible that this is one thing the Coaltion knows, but isn't saying, or doesn't know at all. To address the issue, one of the strategies being implemented is to cut off all financial dealings with entities or nations that may be supporting ISIS and freezing assets. Obviously, if this is effective, the funding could dry up. Bin Laden had his own personal wealth that was very substantial and obviously enabled him to carry out his dirty work. Perhaps another ratbag is similarly funded?

I'd be concerned too with who supplies their weapons and the supply routes. I could imagine that North Korea would be one such source, but how do you get weapons from North Korea to northern Iraq and Syria? Also, rogue, illegal arms traders, who have sophisticated supply networks and are more difficult to trace, would be another target.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I you were being accused of identifying with, supporting or belonging to a group that you didn't, to the extent of being abused, attacked etc, would you not make an attempt at correcting the incorrect view ? I would.

Easier said than done often enough. My mate I spoke of earlier will often identify as being a Hindu from India before admitting to being a Muslim from anywhere... even if it's Pakistan. How bad is it that to feel safe in social situations he must identify with another religion for fear of retaliation and shun.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Good question. It's possible that this is one thing the Coaltion knows, but isn't saying, or doesn't know at all. To address the issue, one of the strategies being implemented is to cut off all financial dealings with entities or nations that may be supporting ISIS and freezing assets. Obviously, if this is effective, the funding could dry up. Bin Laden had his own personal wealth that was very substantial and obviously enabled him to carry out his dirty work. Perhaps another ratbag is similarly funded?

I'd be concerned too with who supplies their weapons and the supply routes. I could imagine that North Korea would be one such source, but how do you get weapons from North Korea to northern Iraq and Syria? Also, rogue, illegal arms traders, who have sophisticated supply networks and are more difficult to trace, would be another target.

My understanding is that a lot of their funding is coming from the banks located in the cities/towns they have toppled. Also money is raised from external sources such as supporters here in Australia and many other nations. Also if I remember correctly, the Sydney guy and his mate are driving the towns in a white BMW they took from someone collecting "taxes" and "security" money from the residents. Those that cannot pay.... well you know good ol' ISIS