Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jasons 2003 VY executive 'By Design'

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
how cheap can you get tyres for? found a good as place in bayswater (bit of a drive haha) that do 2 18" tyres for 250$, so not much more for 19"s id think, let me know if you find any cheaper cause ill need them too soon haha

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
hey mate, car looks tops.
just wondering who did your dash lights?
looking at getting the same done to my vs? could you pm me the details or something mate?
cheers.

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
hey mate, car looks tops.
just wondering who did your dash lights?
looking at getting the same done to my vs? could you pm me the details or something mate?
cheers.

hey mate you cant do it fully to VS, i changed mine if you look at my old car thread, all you can do is change the dash lights to one colour (needle and all, makes it kinda hard to see) but it looked great on my old car. the reason is VS's cant do it is the actual stuff is green tinted unlike VY's that is clear (hence you can change the colour). also the VY's dont have swap over bulbs and the VS's do, so you could do it yourself for the cost of the bulbs (20$ off ebay for 4).

but yeah it looks great, you just cant do all the other lights.

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
hey mate you cant do it fully to VS, i changed mine if you look at my old car thread, all you can do is change the dash lights to one colour (needle and all, makes it kinda hard to see) but it looked great on my old car. the reason is VS's cant do it is the actual stuff is green tinted unlike VY's that is clear (hence you can change the colour). also the VY's dont have swap over bulbs and the VS's do, so you could do it yourself for the cost of the bulbs (20$ off ebay for 4).

but yeah it looks great, you just cant do all the other lights.

thanks heaps mate, yeah i have seen a few other vs' with the dash done, it looks much nicer than the original.
i saw the tutorial on how to do it, someone made a thread, just want to make sure i don't get **** bulbs that make the job look dodgey.
just thought i would ask just in case. thanks for the help mate.

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
T10 6-LED Blue Dash Kit Commodore VR VP VL VN VS 4pcs - eBay Dash Parts, Interior, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 09-Aug-10 00:32:32 AEST)

those are the ones i got for my old car, if you have seen normal LED parkers you will see these are different as they have 6 LED's in plastic that all fan out? its hard to explain but if you put std globes from autobarn in you will have a really bright spot in middle and dull everywhere else, these globes fan out the blue and make it even brighter across the whole dash.
the other lights are fine for parkers but yeah you gotta get the proper dash ones, i didnt know until i bought them and saw the difference from my dash to my friends (so much better) and then i realised why they are fanned. :)

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
T10 6-LED Blue Dash Kit Commodore VR VP VL VN VS 4pcs - eBay Dash Parts, Interior, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 09-Aug-10 00:32:32 AEST)

those are the ones i got for my old car, if you have seen normal LED parkers you will see these are different as they have 6 LED's in plastic that all fan out? its hard to explain but if you put std globes from autobarn in you will have a really bright spot in middle and dull everywhere else, these globes fan out the blue and make it even brighter across the whole dash.
the other lights are fine for parkers but yeah you gotta get the proper dash ones, i didnt know until i bought them and saw the difference from my dash to my friends (so much better) and then i realised why they are fanned. :)
thanks heaps mate. was it a hard job for you to install them? because i am not the most mechanically minded, especially when it comes to electrics, i have mates that are good with them, but i really want to tackle something for myself. if you recommend these ones then i will buy them and have a go, cheers mate.