Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jasons 2003 VY executive 'By Design'

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
yeah mate they arnt that hard to install, as long as you know how to get front dash facia off fully (i didnt do it properly and broke alot of stuff haha, just look at a how to and youll be fine.

when you take the cluster out you will see 4 sockets on the back, twist and pull out, swap bulbs over, put dash back in (dont put everything else back yet), check which ones are on and which ones are off, take dash back out and swap the direction of the LED (only work one way) and wallah! should be fine, sometimes you get dud bulbs so dont make yourself go insane like i did thinking i was doing something wrong, i told the guy and he sent me a good one the next day :)

good luck

had a bit of a crash today :( was watching a truck merging into me to make sure he wasnt gonna hit me and the dumb bitch infront of me slammed on her brakes to "give way" and i went up her ass.
only have 3rd party so gonna have to borrow some money off dad again to get it fixed :(
gonna get SS front as is cheaper than replacing HBD kit, need new front bar, bonnet, grill(SS) headlights (gonna go SS too) and the bar the radiator is supported by ( a big job aparently)
so no car for a week or two :( a few plans gonna be put off for a while i think haha, but at least ive got the bonnet respray and new bumper i wanted, just not the way i hoped :p

will post pics of car after crash and after body work when its light again and i get car back

poor baby, ive never had a crash before, wasnt that bad impact but i was shaking and couldnt stand up (shock i think), hopefully car will still be the same :)

just a quick one anyone got their foglights wired into their exec? i know i need a new switch and relay and the lights but how much is it to pay an auto elec? just want an idea, dont trust my electronics haha

cheers

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
Hey mate,
Have you got any photos of those platinum 7500K headlight globes??
Would like to see some photos of them.

nah not yet mate, it was wet as the week i put them in so didnt get any photo's, but you can be sure the day i get the car back ill have a dozen photo's of SS front, 7500K lows, highs and foggies with the T10 wedge white ones too (yes i bought the lot :) ) they are bloody good for the price, i bought some cheapies in my old car and they were white but not bright at all, these are great so cant wait to see them with foggies :)

guy said should be back by 30th so ill see how it goes,

getting foggies and sound system put in by my mate Dan who did the dash as soon as i get car back :)

also getting mirrors painted like VZ's do too so hopefully will look great :)

ill keep you guys posted :)

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
sounds good mate.. make sure you order the foggy glodes from same site H11's

?????????? dont tell me this. i got told they were H3? i bought H3's and H1's for foggies and high beams from that site, if they are H11 ill kill myself haha.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vy-holden-commodore-2002-2004/104141-light-bulb-sizes.html

the guy here said he was pretty confident that they were H3's and makes sense, H4 are normal, H1 are deffinately high beam (says on light) and foggies gotta be H3, dont they? :|

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
are you sure? or by low beam do you mean foglights.

i thought low beam is just normal headlights and all commies except ve had H4?

ah well as long as the foglights are H3 and high beams are H1 im ok haha, scared the **** outta me haha.

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
small update:

- got new rear lion badge to replace peeling other one
- got anouther HBD badge going back on drivers side on the boot, think it looks good with just one
- getting sound system installed when foggies wired up next weekend or weekend after
- got diamond vision low,high and foggies, also parkers
- obviously getting SS headlights, front bar and foglights,
- car finished by friday hopefully (Y)

cant wait, i miss it already haha, just want to clean her.

thinking of getting re tinted next as is pretty bad, gonna go 30% doors and 20% rear window, any thoughts? not dark enough? too dark? let me know.

will post pics when i get her back :)

cheers