Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jaycar Response Dissapointment - Ive lost $500!!!

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Hmm, interesting...i have a wholesale account with Jaycars distributor and have installed alot of response gear, be it amps, subs or speakers.....only had one problem with a 800wrms mono (which was in my own car), the amp was 11.5 months old and they replaced it with a new one within 2 weeks.

Sorry to hear about your ordeal, maybe you should call Jaycars' head office and explain the situation?

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Why not write a letter to jaycar head office or give them a call:

Jaycar Electronics (Head office)
320 Victoria Road
Rydalmere NSW 2116
Australia
Ph. (02) 8832 3100
Fax. (02) 8832 3131

Tell them exactly what you have told us (copy the post that you have written up if you want). Its good to get the word out for others benefit, but who you really want to be telling is the seller - they are the ones that can do something about it. Jaycar, being a reputable company should be willing to do the right thing or at the very least look into the situation.

Dont expect anything, just tell them what you have told us and see where they go.

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
You might be on the money there Kopper - Matt, I have a feeling that a lot of this might be coming from the staff in that Penrith store. (some while ago they had some reasonably sharp fellas there - I'm talking a few years here - but lately all the staff in there are pretty hopeless...)

Write to someone at head office, relating exactly this story to them - maybe they might make sure that the appropriate butts in the Penrith store get a damn good kickin'!! (metaphorically, od course... ;) )

Heffer_Slayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Man that sucks about your amp!!
I have a response 2x150wrms and it powers my sub fine. At least what i think fine anyway!

Maybe you just got a dud?
Sucks you lost all that money but, id be spewing :(

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
come on guys. letters wil not get acted on sa they are usually a one time event and companies do not have the time to firstly ascertain if the letter is legit and then secondly take corrective action.

This is not a good solution, but how ever this is your fault for not insisting on your money back/exchange.

if you could get the amp back great, go to a store, they will not be able to ignore you.

I recently had a problem with car seats. they were brought months ago and never installed. However without a receipt i easily got my money back. they tried the whole no receipt=no refund. you must be well imformed and understand your rights.

Get in contact with the ACCC, read the legislation, do a contract law course, if the consumer does not stand up for their right you will be walked all over.

i am aware this is not going to be a popular email but it needed to be said.

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
dam, musta been from a bad batch. I reckon many other people have had the same thing happen do them with those amps, and have kept silent...
if i buy a no frills brand and it dies, i sort write it off as a loss, and tell myself to not be so cheap.
I got a rockford fosgate, and after hearing some horror stories about cheaper brands(fires, ergh!) im glad i shelled out the little bit extra.
better luck on your next big purchase mate.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
only heard good things about the responce amps up until this point. was considering using one. they also got a good review in a tech article i read in some 4 banger mag and also SM or SC mags as well.

no manufacturer has a 100% record, your always gonna get a dud once in a while. like garfa said. stand up for your rights and demand a replacement at the very least or get your money back.

i think i'll still try one, however i know jack about audio and SPL so it won't make any difference to me as long as it does a good duff duff:D

Vg-ute-mad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 97 Series II
You might be on the money there Kopper - Matt, I have a feeling that a lot of this might be coming from the staff in that Penrith store. (some while ago they had some reasonably sharp fellas there - I'm talking a few years here - but lately all the staff in there are pretty hopeless...)

Write to someone at head office, relating exactly this story to them - maybe they might make sure that the appropriate butts in the Penrith store get a damn good kickin'!! (metaphorically, od course... ;) )

So true Phreddy! I walked in there last year for some 2 Gauge power cable to do a install on a mates car, and asked for some 2 Gauge and he looked at me like I had two heads lol. I had to show him using their catalogue. Sure enough if he was learning, but cables comes under the basic knowledge that you need to know to work in a electronics outlet like that. I found out later, that they had lost all the good staff due to pay issues. So now they get anyone to work there. Suppose if you throw peanuts, you get monkeys!

But Torquative, get onto their area manager and talk to him about it and tell him or her, that you will get on to the department of fare trading, if nothing is done about it. It's your hard earned money, why not? :)

PINKY355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN HSV WAGON
Just watch which Alpine you buy and for the matter, any brand. Ive seen exactly the same Alpine speaker cones being sold as of one the cheaper Jaycar range. Obviously with different branding on them. The Jaycar ones were $60 a set and the Alpine were $130. This was a couple of years ago but it shows that alot of companies outsource more than just components but infact whole products. As stated by some of the guys above, Most of the time you get wha you pay for and sometimes you get a bargain.
For the money over the years I've used a fair bit of the Jaycar "Responce" range and without problems.

Galixia

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 CBR1000RR & G6E Turbo
im running the response 6.5" splits in the the front and Venom 6x9" in the back... all Jaycar brought... i paid like $170 for all the speakers the splits have a bit of a crackle in them if i try to pump them but down low they have great sound. the only problem i have with the venoms is they r a bit quite so have to turn the gain way up on the amp to keep up... but i dont care cause i got what i paid for... one of my tweeters stopped working so i took it in there and was given a new one straight away...