Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
That the claimed 80% reduction since OSB started is complete and utter bull ****
Rudds solution was working as well

Most of the claimed reduction took place before the election

No doubt that Rudd's solution was working far far better than their previous attempts at fixing a problem of their own creation. So you see no problem that the ALP de constructed something that was working and 2 months shy of their full 2 terms they were bought kicking and screaming into something that finally resembled (sort of) a working deterrent?

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
70 odd % reduction in 8 weeks was a pretty good effort.even Morrison must think so for he is claiming all the credit for it

Last edited:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
70 odd % reduction in 8 weeks was a pretty good effort.even Morrison must think so for he is claiming all the credit for it

Yep. I'm not arguing that there is correlation with the drop and when PNG was announced. My question is why did it take over 5 1/2 years and god knows how many thousand (and yes it's well over a thousand) deaths to do it?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2

Gees, it must tick you off that Rudd and Co aren't still in power so that they could claim the credit.

Then again, I think the fact that they just aren't still in power probably ticks you off even more.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Gees, it must tick you off that Rudd and Co aren't still in power so that they could claim the credit.

Then again, I think the fact that they just aren't still in power probably ticks you off even more.

You ticked all the right boxes there

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

Is it any wonder both Abbott and morrison are refusing to confirm that there were tow backs ?

So you are entirely comfortable with thousands drowning and many more risking their lives on leaky boats headed for Australia??? All of this namby pamby "we should welcome the world" crap is nice but IT IS CAUSING PEOPLE TO DIE.

There should be 2 discussions which I have pointed out many many times in this issue.

1. How many refugee's can/should Australia repatriate to our country
2. Weather it is wise to accept people who just turn up un-announced expecting to settle here (and if the answer is no, what to do to prevent it).

As for the UNHCR - HTFU. I presume they are not in favour of people drowning either. If they have a better answer then put up.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Ok this illustrates the difference between our current government and the media attention whores we had for the last 6 years....

Australia navy drives boat people into Indonesian waters | The Jakarta Post

Now i'm not sure if the above is on the JC "approved media source" list but that's beside the point. If this happened a few months ago, both Rudd and Gillard would be on the news with a full blown presser telling all and sundry how good they are. Now there is barely a murmor in Australia, certainly nothing from govco - I haven't even heard anything from the Australian media about it. Thank god it looks like we have a government that looks to be just getting on with the job without undue fanfare or getting their faces on the tv every 5 min.

As expected there was no mention of this in the last statement

140110mediarelease-minister-NoIllegalBoatArrivals

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
deleted post

Last edited: