Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For all things political Part 2

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Simple, he brought up more than just the question he asked, lumping lefties, the UN and the ABC into some sort of bloc. There's righties in that bloc too. I can't respond to other things he brings up? I should answer his question first? Why should I have to when I was commenting on the bloc he put together not his question? :bang:

"bloc". Hmmm. Hardly the term I had in mind. IN fact, I was submitting them as examples of separate groups who made loud noises about the Government's policies. Hardly a "bloc", but have it your way. Nominating John Hewson within the same "bloc" was hardly a strong counterpunch. He's about as irrelevant as Fraser these days. It's funny how deposed former leaders seem to turn on their parties after the show is over. ( I can't wait for Gillard's memoirs as PM - that should be a ball-tearer).

I'm not sure that you have really explained why it is so important that the Government reveals every detail of its operations in relation to boat people. There are plenty of other government responsibilities which are treated in an equally secretive manner (by all side of politics, not just the Coalition), for very good reasons, including national security, that don't arouse the outcries that this particular policy has and are not criticised as being "un-democratic". People like Sarah Hansen-Young, for example, are strident in their criticism of the policy, but their own policies, such as an on-shore processing which actively encouraged the people smuggling trade, prove that they have no credibility whatsoever. Just loud mouths and access to the media.

Hope you didn't hurt your self too much with those head-butts.

Last edited:

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Meet the executive who shut Holden's factory: Stefan Jacoby | News.com.au

Lefties heads be exploding..so many blamed PM Abbott for this lol.

I don't think I did ;). Confluence of globalisation, consumer product choice, high aussie dollar, and overly militant unions, in that precise order. Even as a leftie, I never really thought Holden could be saved in the long term.

Not to worry, now apparently certain choice GM vehicles can be imported here at a reasonable price. $35k Comaro anyone?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Last edited:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Combined with the Mustang also coming this way, Ari will have less work to do.

Sorry - should have added the words "all but" - final sign off hasn't happened yet. Either way it's not looking great for the grey importers.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Ari will still have his people movers.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Asylum seekers say they were tricked by navy

Haha, brilliant!

Discuss.

My thoughts;

1. They rescued the survivors
2. They provided them safe transit to the nearest land
3. It worked, so mission success

On the flip side, it will be a bit of an awkward moment the day the first lifeboat is discovered on its way to Christmas Island, having been refuelled and re stocked in Indonesia.