Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For all things political Part 2

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by minux, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Skydrol

Skydrol Active Member

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
  2. Skydrol

Skydrol Active Member

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Les Imbéciles Partie Deux

"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    POUR QUE BARACK OBAMA DEVIENNE LE 25e PRÉSIDENT DE LA RÉPUBLIQUE FRANÇAISE EN 2017.
    OUI ON PEUT !

Les français sont prêts à faire des choix radicaux. Ça tombe bien car nous avons une idée radicale à leur proposer.

Après un quinquennat fantôme et face à l‘échec annoncé de la prochaine élection présidentielle, nous pensons qu’il est temps de passer à la 6ème République pour sortir la France de sa léthargie.

Pour lancer cette 6ème République, nous souhaitons frapper un grand coup en élisant un Président étranger à la tête de notre beau pays.

Barack Obama a achevé son deuxième mandat de Président des États-Unis le 21 janvier dernier, pourquoi ne pas l’embaucher comme Président pour la France ?

Notre objectif est simple, recueillir avant le 15 Mars prochain, 1 million de promesses de vote pour convaincre Barack Obama de se présenter à l’élection présidentielle de Mai 2017.

- Barack Obama a le meilleur CV au monde pour le job.

- Parce qu'il est encore possible de voter pour un Président et non pas contre un candidat.

- Parce qu’à l’heure où la France s’apprête à voter massivement pour l’extrême droite, nous pouvons encore donner une leçon de démocratie à la planète en élisant un Président Français, étranger.

http://obama2017.fr/ "

3. Skydrol

Skydrol Active Member

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    This is interesting.

I wonder if the deal is a nail on the Petrodollar's coffin. Sounds like the same deal the US gave them in exchange of the Petrodollar.

"The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has signed an outline agreement to buy Russian aircraft. It also plans to implement a joint project with Russia to develop a next-generation fighter that could enter service in seven or eight years.

Equipped with AL-41F1S turbojet engines with an afterburner and a controlled thrust vector, it is capable of «pivot turning» and deceiving enemy missiles.

The plane boasts a maximum speed of 2,400 km/h. Its maximum flying range is 3,600 km without external fuel tanks and 4,500 km with external fuel tanks. The service ceiling is 20,000 meters. The specifications allow it to easily outrun every Western fighter.

The aircraft has 12 external bays for precision missiles and air bombs and two bays for electronic warfare containers.

The armament includes 30mm guns, a huge number of missiles and rockets. The combat load is 8 tons. It has 12 hardpoints for carrying external weapons and stores. The aircraft would be launching its weapons from high supersonic speeds around Mach 1.5 at altitudes greater than 45,000 feet. This means the missiles could reach with their targets faster, giving opponents less time to maneuver or respond in kind.

Military experts are especially impressed with the Su-35's sophisticated phased-array radar control system Irbis-E, which allows the plane to detect targets at distances of up to 400 kilometers. It can simultaneously track up to four ground targets or up to 30 airborne targets, as well as engage up to eight airborne targets at the same time. The radar has a friend-or-foe identification capability for aerial and maritime objects. It is capable of identifying the class and type of airborne targets and can take aerial photos of the ground. An oscillator with peak power output of 20 kW used in the passive phased array radar makes Irbis-E the most powerful radar control system on par with the best international designs, and ahead of most US and European active and passive phased array radars.

The aircraft is also equipped with «Khibiny-M» - a state-of-the-art electronic warfare equipment, which includes a radar warning system, radar jammer, co-operative radar jamming system, missile approach warner, laser warner and chaff and flare dispenser. A relatively small container in the shape of a torpedo is mounted on the wingtips of the aircraft to make the jets invulnerable to all modern means of defense and enemy fighters.

The pilot has two VHF/UHF encrypted radio communications systems and a jam-resistant military data link system between squadron aircraft and between the aircraft and ground control. The navigation system is based on a digital map display with a strapdown inertial navigation system and global positioning system.

High-strength, low-weight, composite materials have been used for non-structural items such as the radomes, nose wheel, door and leading-edge flaps. Some of the fuselage structures are of carbon fibre and aluminium lithium alloy.

The aircraft was deployed to Syria a year ago.

German magazine Stern stated that the Su-35 can be considered the world's deadliest fighter jet other than the fifth-generation US F-22.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-01/russia-uae-sign-breakthrough-military-deal "

4. Skydrol

Skydrol Active Member

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    WW2 all over..! LePen pulling a Farage on Merkel.

Zeke Topanaga likes this.
  5. Skydrol

Skydrol Active Member

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
  6. Nitro_X

Nitro_X Numbskull

Members Ride:
    2007 VE SV6
    I wanted to delete my reply post, but that feature is not available, so I had to delete the content.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  7. Skydrol

Skydrol Active Member

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    The US face the same issues. We build practicaly nothing. If we do, is what is called system integrators. All come in modules/kits and build on an assembly line. Those modules/kits are made overseas. Let us use an engine for example. The individual components are made overseas, brought to Mexico for assembly with the transmission, the powertrain is sent to the US to be installed. To bring it all back will take decades and Trump has no enough time and the past admin jerk offs to fight.

The only thing that is pretty much 100% made in the USA are the weapon industries. If you need some regime change, bombed, blown up, dead, demolished, destroyed... gives us a call.

8. Reaper

Reaper Tells it like it is.

Members Ride:
    VZ LX8 Adventra, VP SS
    Somehow we need to get out of this mentality that home ownership is for everybody. Yes it's hard to buy your first house. Guess what - it was 10 years ago. Same 20 years ago and shock horror - it was near fkn impossible 30 years ago! Take pretty much any time in post war history and people have rarely been able to afford to buy where they grew up if it was in most metropolitan areas of the day. They had to move to the given town's outskirts in a less desirable location to afford their new home. That is how it works and is how it will work for ever more. To think otherwise is to kid yourself.

figjam and VS_Pete like this.
  9. Nitro_X

Nitro_X Numbskull

Members Ride:
    2007 VE SV6

At the 1966 Census of Population and Housing, 71% of all occupied private dwellings were either owned outright or owned with a mortgage by their occupants. A lower average level of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander home ownership rates, compared to the population as a whole, contributed in part to the decrease, to 69%, in average home ownership recorded in the 1971 Census (see note (c) in table 10.5). Since then, the rate of home ownership in Australia, as measured in the Census, has ranged between 68% and 70% (table 10.5).

[​IMG]

Since 1996 home owners without a mortgage has come down, while home owners with a mortgage has increased.
    This suggests home ownership is getting harder than it was in the past. Despite the current lowest interest rates in history.

Plus, way back in 1966, as far as I'm aware, families did not need or have first home buyer grants, add to the list of modern families needs just to survive are all the other subsidies such as childcare and baby bonuses.
    The cost of home ownership is increasing over time, due to deliberate political inflation policies, which reduces the buying power of every dollar.
    Over the last 25 years, the cost to build a house has remained consistent with general inflation rates, however, the price of the land has defied gravity. It is the LAND price component creating this problem...
    Property speculation, house flipping....NineLife TV shows house flipping shows 24/7.
    Multi-billion dollar property developers such as Lendlease corp and Stockland, who also buy up big shopping centres all over the country also 'land bank' and they deliberately hold back development as they strategise over land prices for profit.

Investor speculation is increasing rapidly while families are outbid by cashed up baby boomer investors and foreign capital inflows through our banking system.
    Self managed super funds are also buying up residential property for wealth creation.
    All of this puts serious upward pressure on house prices.

The bottom line is...it is more expensive to own a house and to live today than it was 30 years ago.
    Adjusted for inflation, real wages have gone backwards since the 70's, this is very evident in the US but also Australia.

10. Nitro_X

Nitro_X Numbskull

Members Ride:
    2007 VE SV6
    Ian Narev, the CEO of the Commonwealth bank was paid $12.3 million dollars last year, around 60% of that is bonuses.
    He made this insane salary on the back of the biggest credit/debt binge in Australian history.
    Mortgage debt in Australia has now exceeded $1 TRILLION

The average family today cannot afford a house without two incomes + government subsidies.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  11. Reaper

Members Ride:
    VZ LX8 Adventra, VP SS
    Excellent googling there Nitro. Bottom line is that my point stands. Getting into the housing market has always been difficult at any point in history. Getting a mortgage was decidedly more difficult in the pr-90's and during the highly regulated 70's and earlier was **very** difficult nearly requiring a BJ to the local bank manager or similar in a lot of cases just because.

As for Mr Narev's remuneration - congratulations to him. I'm not sure what it's relevance to this discussion it has however beyond everybody being fairly sure he could afford his first 10 or so houses out of the change floating around the coin box in his car. So what if our mortgage debut in Aus is $1trillion. So what if it's $2 trillion???

The thing about housing in many cases is 'want' over 'need'. I say again - If you want to live in the inner metro areas then be prepared to pay and don't be a bitch about it. I'd love to live in any number of other suburbs however my priorities have said where I am is the best balance with regard to cost/location and I'm proud to say the decisions I made 15 or so years ago before I bought this place are paying nice dividends. Of course moving further out would have improved my buying power up to 50% more at the time however the appreciation in value didn't keep pace with where I am now (note there are many places that have outrun it too).

I know several couples paying some ridiculous rents in $million + inner city houses because they like the lifestyle it brings. All fair to them but I think it's just fkn odd when their workplaces are out in the burb's some place where rents are roughly 1/2 or less. Yep I think they are nuts and have told them but beyond that it's none of my business cept when they whinge coz no money for a house deposit.

figjam likes this.
  12. figjam

figjam Active Member

Members Ride:
    Monaro CV8 series 3 & Cross 6 Crewman
    OK, first, I’m one of those rich baby-boomer bastards that is preventing first home buyers from getting into the market, don’t know how that works, but it must be true, the media and every-one says so.

Going back 50 years, anyone who has bought a house has had different problems in doing so during that period .... deposits, credit squeeze, high interest rates, land availability, job market ...... it goes on ..... there is always hoops to jump through.

We bought in 1980, no Govt help, (thanks for nothing Paul Banana Republic Keating), found it bloody hard even with two incomes, but persevered and today, are reaping the millions of dollars in capital gains. Yeah, right.

Factor in cost of land, cost of house, cost of improvements to house/land, interest paid, statutory on-going costs to house owner, inflation rate. The profit is nowhere as much as generally perceived.

If you want to do it, nothing happens if you do nothing but whinge, because houses will never be as cheap as they are at present..

Zeke Topanaga, Reaper and Calaber like this.
  13. Reaper

Members Ride:
    VZ LX8 Adventra, VP SS
    You probably should be blaming Malcolm Fraser in 1980 - Keating didn't take office (as treasurer) till '83 but I agree with the sentiment. :)

figjam likes this.
  14. Skydrol

Skydrol Active Member

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    You have to blame these market screw ups world wide to the Central Banks. They are the ones that created the mess of creating wealth from Debt. The US Dollar is the World Reserve Currency and passed the US debt to the world with the Bond Market. Is a stupid game of passing I Owe You Notes with nothing to back it up. Confidence on the Currency is the key and we are heading to a financial shit storm.

All banking systems are interconected and they are affecting each other at a global scale.

Here is some interesting... Trump has in his office a Painting of Andrew Jackson. He was an US president that abolished the 2nd Bank of the USA. Also, wallpapered the Oval Office with Gold Stripes. The rumor is, that he is sending a message to the Federal Reserve.

[​IMG]

Perhaps his plan is to remove the Federal Reserve chapter that is nothing more than a Private Bank.

Zeke Topanaga likes this.
  15. figjam

figjam Active Member

Members Ride:
    Monaro CV8 series 3 & Cross 6 Crewman
    Yeah, I know, in hindsight that doesn't read right. I was referring to PKs reign during 17 % interest rates and the recession we had to have, while he was being hailed as the greatest Treasurer in the world. And he still gets his head on TV as a financial guru.
    Big Mal was a huge disappointment, but he did sort out the problems in Zimbabwe, didn't he ?
    And we could go on forever about 'disappointing' pollies since then, but it's not worth the electricity used to type it all out.

Reaper and Zeke Topanaga like this.
  16. Nitro_X

Nitro_X Numbskull

Members Ride:
    2007 VE SV6
    A property price crash is coming to Australia.....

Total global debt (government, household, corporate) has now reach some $230 TRILLION
    Roughly 3 times total global GDP

The banks have started raising mortgage interest rates...despite the RBA standing still.
    The GFC was supposed to clear out the bad investments, instead, governments and central banks bailed out the elites who almost crashed the entire global financial system.
    We now have approximately $60 TRILLION MORE debt than we did during the GFC.
    Anyone who thinks Australia's growing mortgage debt is good for business is living in fantasy land.

A housing price crash is coming to Australia...

Skydrol likes this.
  17. Zeke Topanaga

Zeke Topanaga Member

Members Ride:
    VF SS Manual
    When you look back most people who bought land after WW2 then built a bit of a tittle house and then extended it bit by bit as time went on and if they had a car they were doing real well and if they had 2 cars they were bloody rich in 1970.

As for Aboriginals owning houses, them houses were the Government just given to them.

When you look into it all, you see just how well off all the people are now, they eat out, they eat fast food, they just toss good food in the bin and have no idea how bloody hard it once was, as you ate everything that was put in front of you wether you liked it or not or there would be hell to pay !

A lot of the making it hard is young gen want a big house 2 new cars and everything in it, not to mention that it's wealthy foreigners who are increasing the prices and the rich are being helped to getting richer and the mid to middle class is getting narrower and poorer and the mid poor to the poor is getting a lot wider.

But in all this, much of the real poor are on a bloody good wicket, sitting on there fat arse doing nothing but moaning a load of crap and just sponging of the tax payers, not to mention they claim it's there right! and turn around and say to me, that we are a rich country don't you know !
    I know many shit kickers who have never worked who are much better off than many people who work.

So we are heading to a very rich and the very poor class and the mid to middle class is fading away and once that mid class is gone healthy democracy is over and your just ruled by the degenerate wealthy and the stupid poor tyrants.
    Now that sounds like how political correctness rules ? mindless degenerates that only cause more problems than they solve as it leads all into total ruin and destruction. maybe it's because they sit watching mind numbing crap like Allan de Generate or or Opria Windfree or days of our lives, haha ! and it's pricks like that, that are telling us how to live not to mention what we can say and not say. Fathers are degraded 24/7 kids are left with no real Dad, as fem o Nazis and queers are empowered to control and rule like a total freak show.

Skydrol and Reaper like this.
  18. Nitro_X

Nitro_X Numbskull

Members Ride:
    2007 VE SV6
    Here is a chart for Melbourne's median house price to income, (1965 - 2013)
    data sourced from REIV & ABS.
    Check the spike from 1997
    [​IMG]

Some debt is ok, but excessive debt is not.
    Add to Australia's 1.2 trillion dollar mortgage debt, we also have one of the highest household debt loads on the planet.
    Australian household debt (non mortgage) to disposable income now sits at around 185%, so we spend almost twice as much as we earn...and its growing. This is with the lowest interest rates in history...but banks are now starting to raise rates outside of the RBA, why? because their wholesale capital funding costs are rising. Australian banks rely on about 33% foreign capital (bonds) to supply our marketplace.
    Wages are stagnating and in some industries are falling! Meanwhile real inflation is increasing (electricity/food/fuel etc)

[​IMG]

State and Federal governments continue crying poor with rising social and infrastructure costs and liabilities which means more taxation and more social funding cuts.

Since the GFC the US Fed, the Bank of Japan, and the European Central bank have printed around $10 trillion of fake money from thin air to prop up global asset markets.
    Now, he is the kicker, what needs to happen for economies not to collapse?
    Well, to keep asset markets propped up we are going to need even more debt......read history, the only thing that causes defaults and bankruptcies is too much debt.
    Any financial adviser worth his salt will tell you this.
    Australia has not had a recession in 25 years, anyone who thinks that we will never have another recession is living in fantasy land....

The only thing which saved Australia's ass during the GFC till now is China's massive credit binge, they have quadrupled their debt to around $28 trillion since the GFC.
    Many people don't know that some Australian banks (Westpac & NAB) would have defaulted in 08/09 if they weren't bailed out, they tapped the US Fed via the RBA and they did it secretly.
    The big 4 banks now hold about 80% of Australia's mortgage debt...they are not safe and they are not sound....we are being lied too.

Sooner or later the natural forces of gravity will come into play.
    Australia and the world's financial system is awash with speculative debt and it cannot keep going, history will again have to teach a lesson.
    *But I'm just a numbskull who's been out in the sun too long o_O

Skydrol and Zeke Topanaga like this.
  19. Zeke Topanaga

Zeke Topanaga Member

Members Ride:
    VF SS Manual
    It can't be a real problem can it, because most people don't give a shit about such debt, the Media don't care about it, the Governments don't truly care about it.
    Trump is attacked full on by media and all for pointing such things out as a problem.

This criminal activity has been let loose to run wild for years without any regard, it's a free for all. due to the lack of conservative values and the extreme right and left political correct degenerates drunken stupid fool recklessness and the thing is they don't care because it's the middle class that's going to pick up all the tab for them to go back on their merry way extorting regardless.

20. Nitro_X

Nitro_X Numbskull

Members Ride:
    2007 VE SV6