Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

.:Jester's HSV Z R8:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
After driving around a car on it's guts...I can tell ya it's nice to get in a car with nice comfy suspension that you don't feel every dint in the road :D

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
After driving around a car on it's guts...I can tell ya it's nice to get in a car with nice comfy suspension that you don't feel every dint in the road :D

As much as I hate to admit it... but I was driving the cruze around the other day and I enjoyed the ride very much. The seats were not quite as comfy as the clubby. But the ride was very nice.

I also really really like how the guages illuminate... Very cool.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon

Can't agree more with that statement, one reason I've left the HSV springs in and fitted Koni shocks and bigger swaybars for the cornering stuff.

As much as I hate to admit it... but I was driving the cruze around the other day and I enjoyed the ride very much. The seats were not quite as comfy as the clubby. But the ride was very nice.

I also really really like how the guages illuminate... Very cool.

See Phredy's blue light conversion, thinking of doing it to mine.
Welcome to ASR Audio & Electronics Home Page

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Coilovers.

Just fitted a set to the front of a Peugeot 206GTi and while I know it's a different car, handles and rides so much better than it did with lowered springs in it. The rear has torsion bars so it doesn't affect the ride quality of the rear by lowering that. Just pull them out, turn them a couple of teeth and put them back in.

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Loving all the suggestions guys, but just to confirm, this is my fiancee's car... and she isn't into cars... lol

So coil overs, sways bars, etc... very much over kill for her... haha!

Yeah, I've seen the ASR lighting conversions but I'm happy with the clubby gauges.

Just that the Cruze gauge's, they just work in terms of configuration and illumination design. I was surprised considering it's not exactly a top of the range car yet they clearly put some thought into making it look just really nice.

Lazyr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII R8 CLUBSPORT VE SS v2 monaro hsv avalanche 46
dont worry about coil overs, sways bars etc just NEED MORE LOW it looks like holden made a 4x4 cruze :banstick: btw love the rims :beer chug:

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Just that the Cruze gauge's, they just work in terms of configuration and illumination design. I was surprised considering it's not exactly a top of the range car yet they clearly put some thought into making it look just really nice.

I know how cool is like the blue and that back lighting in them .

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
dont worry about coil overs, sways bars etc just NEED MORE LOW it looks like holden made a 4x4 cruze :banstick: btw love the rims :beer chug:

That's my whole point though, lowering it will make the ride harsh and being a daily, the fiance doesn't want that. Coilovers retain a comfortable ride while giving the adjustment needed to make it look lower.

Lowered springs = cheap but harsh
Coilovers = expensive but comfortable and better handling

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Gave the car a wash today. It was a bit dusty.

Also went on a nice long drive making sure I yet along a few roads that had round abouts but a 100kmph limit. Stretch the beasts legs abit.

Also went down to Chev's performance to have him take a look at my engine and give an opinion on how my engine sounds.

He said he thought I may not have enough preload on the lifters and thus the subtle ticking.

So I might get them to pop in some longer pushrods at the next service.

Status
Not open for further replies.