Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just want to stop researching

VYL67TONNER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT L67 ONE TONNER
So it's doing my head in looking for this answer lol, can anyone help.

I have people that will reset my rear leafs in my tonner.
I know I know. BuT tHe TaNk
Has anyone found a way around this within the last five years with parts that are still available? If so what supplier?
Do I get a long range aux tank modded to have a "lift pump"supply my 044? I run an external 044 (for how quite they are ) and external filter. Also Kwinana to did this conversion years ago, personally I would've just upgraded the in tank pump.

Fuel tank filling......
First we start with trying to get the fuel in the tank..... That's a long mission. Keeps clicking every two seconds
I know this has been another thing asked, but do the tanks have a breather that get blocked? Or I could change the setup. Lucky to get over 50L and yet to achieve 290+KMs with a full tank. At first I blamed some exhaust leaks and vacuum leaks. Fixed them. Then I blamed my right foot to hear the whine. But now it's getting expensive

yamahahatim

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss crewman
I'm not 100% sure, but there may be a difference between vy and vz tanks. Being better clearance with vz...
You can also rotate diff forward, to add tailshaft clearance. Using tapered blocks,
I've had leafpacks made, and tapered blocks, with no dramas.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Changing fuel tanks won't solve the fuel consumption issues, just means you can go further between fills.

It shouldn't click off every 2 seconds. I used to have that problem at certain bowsers, turns out the end of the filler was damaged where people are rough with them sticking them into the tank. When those were replaced at that servo the problem went away.

It does sound like high fuel consumption, either your driving style needs revision or you need to look at the engine side of things or maybe a transmission issue like the converter lock not working so it's over revving etc. Could be heaps of reasons for high fuel consumption. What engine mods?

VYL67TONNER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT L67 ONE TONNER
Yeah the different fuel tank is to lower it. I was just wondering if anyone has been down that route is all, I mean changing to a 90 or 110 litre tank Wouldnt be that bad, just integrating the level sensor etc

Mods are
-catback
-3.2" pulley
And guessing a tune

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
3.2" pulley is very small for no other mods, That pulley will create heat, it's possibly not that happy. I'd definitely check to see if it has any sort of tune done.

Last edited:

VYL67TONNER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT L67 ONE TONNER
Yeah it's on my list, been meaning to start looking into intercooler and extractors. I put a boost gauge in and it make 11psi at W.O.T.
When it comes time for intercooler I'll probably do some roller rockers, cat delete, spacers and injectors. Overdrive pulley and tune, see what psi it makes and change the pulley from there.
As for the 4L60e. I will probably service and look into servos and shift kits, but if a in car overhaul.
i also want to change its diff gears, it has 3.08s at the moment but the diffs are expensive for these

as for driving I'd like to think I dont give it a hard time, I have a f6 for that haha.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The only aux tanks on the market fit at the back of the car. Almost like the old drop tanks on VN. You have to give up the spare.

Replacement tanks can be fabricated in alloy. There will be significant cost in it. No shortage of capable fabrication places around Perth and regional towns.

CAPA used to sell them suited to lowered Crewman and Tonner (same parts) but no longer. They are a thing of myth and legend.

You’ll be looking at a couple of grand by the end of it.