Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Limp Mode

Adventra LX6

Reaction score
Members Ride
LX6 Adventra
Hi All

Has anyone had the 190kw motor go into limp mode (not sure if that’s the right terminology)?? On the open road at the weekend I went to overtake and the car went from 5th back to 3rd gear as normal, on the shift into forth the gearbox made a loud clunk and ESP fail came up on the dash as well as putting the car into limp mode. I made it to the next town and found at low speed the brakes were grabbing without me applying them. I called Holden Customer Care who sent out the NRMA who proceeded to disconnect the battery to reset the system so I could continue my trip. I returned the car to my dealer yesterday only to find that the error codes were no longer there as the battery had been disconnected.

I cannot make the car fail again and now don’t feel comfortable when overtaking. Has anyone had a similar problem???

Burnout_bro

Reaction score
Members Ride
HYPER VX SS/ R33 GTST
did you disconnect the battery at any time before you had this problem? if so your ecu needed too reset itself, if you ever remove a lead from the battery, turn your ignition all the way up (before you start the car) put in every gear for about 20 seconds then put back in park and turn on the car, rev at around 2500rpm for 20 seconds and you are right too go.

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
i would say its some rare niggling problem with the computer management, holden's still hasn't got all the bugs fixed yet, i'd just take it easy and see how it goes