Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking at Buying Holden Statesman

FeRaL.sPaRtAnS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Statesman 2009 V6 Auto LY7 High K's
Hi. New user here. I am looking at buying an ex-cab 2009 Statesman V6 LY7 engine (323000km). This was used as I understand for a corporate cab service, and was brought new from the dealership and serviced there. It had a new gearbox at 280 and waterpump at 300. The interior leather and exterior paint are immaculate, and I do intend on buying her (just haggling the price). I am resigned to the fact she could die tomorrow, but if she doesn't, and lives a long time, which I intend her doing so, how should I maintain her? I have a Mazda Demio 2010 that I also maintain, however this is a different beast with different requirements.

When would you recommend oil changes? 5000/7500/10000?
Belts and hoses? That kind of stuff.

I should also mention that starting off (for the next year or so) I would still be using the Demio as my runaround and just use the Statesman 3 or 4 times per week. Will she be affected by going from being used everyday to being used less than everyday? If so, how so?

Are there things on this particular engine I should watch out for? Timing chain issues?

Thanks for your assistance.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Not like they aren't every where no idea why would even contemplate thinking about something with that many kms.

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
With those kms it's a risky purchase, you would want to be getting it for a very good price. Timing chains are a risk for sure. Servicing especially with those kms, I think it would be wise to change oils more frequent than factory recommendation, say 10,000Km or 6 months.