Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking at Buying Holden Statesman

Discussion in 'VE Holden Commodore (2006 - 2013)' started by FeRaL.sPaRtAnS, Mar 16, 2017.

1. FeRaL.sPaRtAnS

FeRaL.sPaRtAnS New Member

Members Ride:
    Holden Statesman 2009 V6 Auto LY7 High K's
    Hi. New user here. I am looking at buying an ex-cab 2009 Statesman V6 LY7 engine (323000km). This was used as I understand for a corporate cab service, and was brought new from the dealership and serviced there. It had a new gearbox at 280 and waterpump at 300. The interior leather and exterior paint are immaculate, and I do intend on buying her (just haggling the price). I am resigned to the fact she could die tomorrow, but if she doesn't, and lives a long time, which I intend her doing so, how should I maintain her? I have a Mazda Demio 2010 that I also maintain, however this is a different beast with different requirements.

When would you recommend oil changes? 5000/7500/10000?
    Belts and hoses? That kind of stuff.

I should also mention that starting off (for the next year or so) I would still be using the Demio as my runaround and just use the Statesman 3 or 4 times per week. Will she be affected by going from being used everyday to being used less than everyday? If so, how so?

Are there things on this particular engine I should watch out for? Timing chain issues?

Thanks for your assistance.

2. wraith

wraith Hand over the dog bikkies

Members Ride:
    VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
    Not like they aren't every where no idea why would even contemplate thinking about something with that many kms.

3. redvxr8clubby

redvxr8clubby Active Member

Members Ride:
    VX Clubsport & VE SS
    With those kms it's a risky purchase, you would want to be getting it for a very good price. Timing chains are a risk for sure. Servicing especially with those kms, I think it would be wise to change oils more frequent than factory recommendation, say 10,000Km or 6 months.