Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

loudest commo SEDAN in aus

vr1uz-fe

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
i think the only reason ppl bring small cars to comps is they have like 30,000 of gear in some of them

double the size of the car and you need twice the gear

and i really think this is true as i was talking to a bloke at the nats that had two **** box's with big amps in them and he was making more db than the option audio car that had alot more money put into it

but the option audio car had ten times the ppl looking at it

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore executive
If i go to watch a contest i do not find myself looking for the car with the biggest numbers..
I find the nicest car with a good db and thats the owner\builder\car i will admire and respect..

Think of it this way
U want some nice fish for dinner :D
U either
A: go buy some
Or
B: go catch some (mmmm fresh fillets)
Nothing like a little more effort for that much sweeter prize
(u probly dont understand that lol)

Oh and that guy with the 2 decked out buzz boxes should put it all in a nice wagon, then he woulda had the crowd

vr1uz-fe

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
nah they wernt buz boxes they were like $200 trading post cars with like 6 one gauge wires going to the battery's and like 10 gold caps

the bloke him self looked rather unmaintained and dident like speaking much but i still got something out of him one car was running like two holee's thats like 30,000wrms

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
If i go to watch a contest i do not find myself looking for the car with the biggest numbers..
I find the nicest car with a good db and thats the owner\builder\car i will admire and respect..

I guess that's where some people differ. I'd rather see the biggest number, after all, that's what it's all about. I also like seeing what people manage with different components.The technical aspect of it interest's me more than the vehicles themselves.

The person who shows up in the trading post buzz box, who has done everything himself, for minimal outlay, and let's their knowledge and experience speak for them, is the one who generates the most excitement and interest in my books.

But hey maybe times are changing?? I haven't been actively involved in anything to do with car audio for a bit now, as i have numerous interest's and hobbies, and unfortunately i cannot afford to pursue all of them at once. Is it possible i have fallen so far behind with the times without even noticing?:hmmm:

schrinky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Executive 9C1
so if people are talking around 140db.....to put that in context an M1 .30 caliber rifle is 168db at 1 metre and a stun grenade is 170-180...and the theoretical max without distortion is around 194db...well thats what wikipedia says!!

vt josh

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore
just letting you all know that over night at a sanctioned db drags event down in wollongong my vt commodore sedan made 151.6 with my new UNFINISHED no wall set up while trying to find the peak of the new box if people think im talking **** ask holden boy to call his mate rohan who is good mates with one of the other guys at the comp and call kon from db drags too while your at it hahaha

vt commodore sedan
2 RE MT 15''s
2 soundstream 2600d's
58hz

i have been told now that my car is the loudest commodore sedan in australia and could be the loudest sedan in australia

cheers joshy

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Nice effort mate, got any pics of your install?

lunchbox.inc

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs series2 caprice
jeez, it's actually impressive how many people posted in this thread that have NO idea of how spl works... sedan = louder than a wagon? i'm genuinely shocked that there are people that believe this! lol

great work on the 151.1 official score josh, your by far up there! it'll be interesting to see what it pulls at finals with billys gear!

as above i'd love to see some install pics...

oh and 1st post on here! whoop!

AmmoJammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon
jeez, it's actually impressive how many people posted in this thread that have NO idea of how spl works... sedan = louder than a wagon? i'm genuinely shocked that there are people that believe this! lol

great work on the 151.1 official score josh, your by far up there! it'll be interesting to see what it pulls at finals with billys gear!

as above i'd love to see some install pics...

oh and 1st post on here! whoop!

hi Lunchbox :p

yeah, see, I already had the argument that a sedan will never be louder... they didn't get it...