Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lowering vt commodore

hoarey85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
yea i've got super lows under my ride it has made a good amount of diff, i hav recently jus brought the camber kit for the rear aswell i got it for $200 brand new from bursons wholesale price though, i will fit it myself but if i was to get some1 else to do it i would be lookin at i reckon around 3hrs of labor, so it wwould make it a damn sight more expensive... but i got a hoist so it won't be to bad of thing to do, still alot of work though..

ciaranvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Exec.
how many ks is too many ks to leave in factory shocks?

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
got it sittin pretty low there vy sammy........mines about the same but i got 17s on.... if i chuck some 19s on is it gonna make it rise up a bit?

deserthead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III l67 Column Shift Ute
Hey ciaravt,

I went to a shock place yesturday asking the same thing.
He said they usually get tired round the 100k mark, which cinfirmed wot I thought.

Good excuse to go lower now!!!!

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
Geez those superlows are too low for me. I am happy with my FE2 suspension. It looks good, but the problem is my back mudflaps scrape over speed bumps and coming out of driveways now.

H

holden#2

can u all tell me what do you think of the 98 vt executive for a second car. 190 000kms for $8000 with all new suspension and new power stering box! NEVER THRASHED OLD PEOPLE

L

lepps34

hey guys, my vt s2 has done 97 thou km's. im about to lower it, im using these spring parts.

Front - KHFL-47SL - (king spring superlows)
Rear - KHRL-46SLHD - (king spring heavy duty superlows)

have already decided that ill get a 4pt camber kit, and also new shocks (if anyone can help me and tell me wat type i will need for these springs, that would be good), but am not sure if i will need new struts, could someone plz let me know, and if i do, wat type will satisfy, those springs.

thankyou

ciaranvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Exec.
just got mine back from the shop.

2.5 inches all round looks the goods! just needs the rear guards rolled REAL REAL bad.

the rear shocks are getting tired but will survive maybe a couple of months. so i fig ill get all 4 done.

anyone got any suggestions for the best shocks to use?

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Whitevtberlina said:
Thanks for the help guys, yeh a camber kit is already lined up for when i get the springs put in also a front end alignment, i think superlows is the go as was said in another reply lows and superlows are the same price so might aswell just go superlows. thanks again

after you lower it and put the camber kit on, you will need both a front and a rear wheel alignment