Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lowering vt commodore

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
my VT is Lovells low at the front and superlow at the back to level the car out and it looks good and is still very practical.

here are some pics

Attachments

• 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 5,227
  • 02.JPG
    02.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 27,260
  • 03.JPG
    03.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 12,078
  • 04.JPG
    04.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 8,693
Reaction score
Website
members.dodo.net.au
Members Ride
VT 'S' Supercharged V6
Generally LOWS (various brands) will give you FE2 height. SUPERLOW is the next step down obviously and MOST DEFINATELY you WILL need shorter REAR shocks. If you leave the rear shocks factory length you risk the very real chance of the rear springs dropping out over large road bumps (railway crossings etc). I have shorter shocks with my superlows and they are only just retained by the springs. BE WARNED!!

See attached picture. Note how the rubber insulator is only just retained by the retainer knob at full suspension travel.

Attachments

• DSCN0162 (Small).JPG
    DSCN0162 (Small).JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 3,917

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Spyper said:
I have superlows in the rear and lows in the front, and it doesn't even come CLOSE to that. What the **** (sorry but I'm angry) has my mechanic done?

Yeah dude, wtf.....its still a monster truck!
I would either yourself check the part numbers n stuff on the springs and what not or go into a tyre join n get them to tell you if you got what u paid for...
I've heard in some cases it takes a while for the springs to wear in that that down right looks stock!
PS, Nice rims! :D

S

sandor

yeh definatly king springs the way to go, pedders gave me a quote for $860 including the camber kit and i havent really heard anything special about there product they also told me if i went lower then 1.5inches then my car would no longer be roadworthy --> void insurance. but 1.5 inches almost nothing to me i want to be very borderline as low as i can go.

anyone got a bodykit on with superlows that is borderline (10cm)?

ciaranvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Exec.
with lowering it, the guards must need to be rolled.

anybody had experience with that? esp with non-holden wheels.

do they still fit with little or no scrubbing? if not how much work is needed to make them fit?

Ev0LuTioN

Unknown
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec. 2001
sorry if its a vt thing but i'll say wat kmart told me

short travel shocks for the back - superlows all around fitted + allignment = $790.00

the guy said that camber kit may not be needed but they would measure it anyways and if its needed it would be about $400 extra ...

this is for a vx ... - just wanted to know if this is the right price - too high? too low?

cheers
alex.

vy sammy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec S2
Ev0LuTioN said:
sorry if its a vt thing but i'll say wat kmart told me

short travel shocks for the back - superlows all around fitted + allignment = $790.00

the guy said that camber kit may not be needed but they would measure it anyways and if its needed it would be about $400 extra ...

this is for a vx ... - just wanted to know if this is the right price - too high? too low?

cheers
alex.

Err i got supper lows fitted etc etc for around $400 so if the shocks are worth another $400 just for back then it sounds right :yeah:

Ev0LuTioN

Unknown
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec. 2001
vy sammy said:
Err i got supper lows fitted etc etc for around $400 so if the shocks are worth another $400 just for back then it sounds right :yeah:

mmm thats good - so u didnt change ur shocks or fitted a camber kit?

like im not saying that im thinkin of doin that to a vx cause they guy said u can use springs only BUT ur tyres are gonan be fu*ked in few weeks so yer ...

vy sammy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec S2
Ev0LuTioN said:
mmm thats good - so u didnt change ur shocks or fitted a camber kit?

like im not saying that im thinkin of doin that to a vx cause they guy said u can use springs only BUT ur tyres are gonan be fu*ked in few weeks so yer ...

LoL a few weeks? maybe if u drive 24/7 and brun a bit of ruber... haha nah i am going to have a camber kit fitted but u dont HAVE to change your shocks... and again im going to for a smoother ride.. all on the "TO DO" list for 2006 :yeah: