Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ls1/gen3 strocker kits????????

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
Just one other thing... i went for a drive in a VX SS, 242/244 cam, forged bottom end and 383 stroker. Pulled i think 330 or so rwkw. Power was bloody amazing, plant ur foot and wheels would just spin. So a similar setup would give a lot of power. He is now stroking to 408 and his engine is for sale 10k or so if anyone is interested. So, 383 is heaps of power, but if it won't cost much extra (i guess u have to buy an LS2 or LS7 block) go for a 408/427/440.

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
yeh iv always wanted a 383 stroker, if i had the money now id get the number, but will be end of year at earliest for a stroker, yeh depends on how much for an ls2/ls7 block plus any machining on top, if easier will stick with my block and 383 stroker, want to s/c later down the track so might be more than enough for that anyway. but just sussing it all out at the moment, prices, what needs to be done, replaced, best option, packages, time it would take, if easier to buy short motor or do what i can myself, etc. then make a decision and work towards it and get it done. we use an engine/machine shop that does a lot of high performance engines and i know some people who have had there engines machined and assembled there and have been very happy, so that's a big plus i guess.

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
yeh this wouldn't be a daily although would get street driven, yeh a few people have said to get the 6ltr or ls7 blocks, if did that would the ls1 heads and that bolt up?

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
yeh this wouldn't be a daily although would get street driven, yeh a few people have said to get the 6ltr or ls7 blocks, if did that would the ls1 heads and that bolt up?

I thought he was talking about an entire LS3 transplant.

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
oh ok, yeh what are the ls3's worth as a complete motor?

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
oh ok, nice, might think about it.