Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS1] ls1 into 57 chev wont start.

scottb

Reaction score
Members Ride
one tonner
Hi new member looking for some help. I have a 57 chev which has a ls1 in it. Conversion was done before i bought it and was running. Since i have been rebuilding car. I sent off the engine wiring loom i had to a guy in queensland to be modified to suit the car and also the digital dash. So it has all been hooked up and wont fire up. Turns over but thats it. So i checked the injectors as i new i was getting fuel up there. Only to find there is no pulse? Has anyone had an issue like this before? Any help would be great.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Make sure you have all the earths connected. Do you have power at the injectors with the key on?

scottb

Reaction score
Members Ride
one tonner
Will double check the earths. Not sure how to check if they have power tho?

scottb

Reaction score
Members Ride
one tonner
Also can someone tell me if you dont have the oil presure switch hooked up would that stop the engine from starting

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Don't think so, I did an LS1 conversion and had a mechanical gauge not a sensor, can't remember the tuner turning off the oil pressure signal, he may have.

To check for power, just turn the key on and probe the injector plug with a test light, don't bridge the plug though, just probe it with the other end of the test light grounded.