Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS1 Upgrades

Sadistic Critter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Gen III
Hi everyone, ive got an auto vx ls1 with an otr, shift kit, diffilipo 2.5" full system, and a tranny cooler. Im soon about to get a cam, 6L heads, 3:9 diff gears and 3K high stall installed, is there anything people would recommend to get done with these things? and is there anything else that I should look at with getting more power out of my ls1 without using forced induction? It is going to be a street car for weekend cruises and sometimes taken down the drag strip, just want to get it built right so I don't destroy it.
Thanks!

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Replace the lifters while the heads are off.

Sadistic Critter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Gen III
Okay cheers, are there any other performance upgrades I should consider apart from getting a stronger box and drive shaft? What are your thoughts on the under drive pulley upgrade? Or anything to make the car run better?

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
with trans, drive shafts etc. replace them when you break them!

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Sadistic Critter hasn't been on here since the day after he started this thread and that's pretty much one and half years ago.
If you're after ideas on cam choices best off doing some reading and /or asking for some advice with also telling us what been done to car ,or you intend to do , how's the car being used , what you want to get out of it , other plans for it and someone will be able to suggest some options/ choices.

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Sadistic Critter hasn't been on here since the day after he started this thread and that's pretty much one and half years ago.

LoL another abandoned project?