Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS2 6.0L common problems, Things to look for when buying a 6.0l LS2 car???

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
I get low 10's to mid 14's per 100klm's. What issues have you had with the spark plugs?

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I sure dont. Lol
I'll take a guess, let's say 21L :p ??

I get pretty excited when I go sub 18L when I baby it and if I decided to have some fun my fuel is gone in 300km.

SilverVH

Banned
Reaction score
18L/100KM babying it? :eek:

How come its so bad?!

Also what's the average speed?

GenFree

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX L67 S
My cousins cammed VZ SSV gets 15s easy around town(3.9s and 6spd manual)and 9s on the highway.Can get ugly when pushed though.

Car is mafless tuned by West Torrens Dyno Centre.

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
18L/100KM babying it? :eek:

How come its so bad?!

Also what's the average speed?

Average speed is 40kmph. It's 4.11's with a T56-m12 which has higher gearing than the regular T56 to start with.

And I'm not overly impressed with the tune, it's quite "safe" and a bit wastefull.

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
My cousins cammed VZ SSV gets 15s easy around town(3.9s and 6spd manual)and 9s on the highway.Can get ugly when pushed though.

Car is mafless tuned by West Torrens Dyno Centre.

Such thing. He's either got a VZ SSZ or a VE SSV.

GenFree

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX L67 S
Yeah SSZ,thats the one.I always get mixed up,he hates it lol.Same colour as yours as well.

Heres a pic and some crap footage of our 2day Gazzanats last weekend.Fuel consumption for both of us was 99,9ltrs/100kms lol.

gazzanats2011001.jpg

Last edited:

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yeah SSZ,thats the one.I always get mixed up,he hates it lol.Same colour as yours as well.

Ah K, sweet.

So yeah, his gearing would be better than mine as he will be running the T56 box.

So his box with the 3.9's would be about the same as my box with 3.73's. So that causes my economy to be a bit worse. I mean for example, I can use 6th gear from 70kmph. Usually 6th is reserved for cruising in 6th. lol.

Plus cam size would affect it. If he's got a baby cam then you would expect he would be getting better economy than me.

Either way, when you floor a cammed 6.0L, fuel economy is not something that it going through your head.. lol.

GenFree

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX L67 S
His car has made me go out and get a LS car and have some fun.I had 346rwkw's in my Ford out their but it just wasnt me,I need the V8 influence lol.

The reason for his fuel economy is that the tune was rather lengthy in setup,my miss's family owns/runs the dyno centre so it had alot of low speed tuning done also.Cam is over 600thou lift.He is able to let 5th go down to 50 and still pull away without any chug making daily driving alot less hassle so to speak.

He works in the mines and is single so he would buy a servo to keep on board if he could.He hardly ever gets this fuel useage numbers though.Like you said,you dont own the said vehicle to worry about fuel.

SilverVH

Banned
Reaction score
That's true, you don't own a V8 to worry about fuel usage, however it does reflect how efficient the tune is.

Jesterarts, who tuned yours? Those kind of figures says to me the target AFR is a fair bit out. I wouldn't be happy either. I come from the belief that even a slightly rich tune is still unsafe. I really don't understand why tuners don't tune properly to the correct target AFR. It's just sloppiness so they can have a quicker turn over of cars!