Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mace VE V6 Tune Review

Andrew_Guppz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore International 2009
Hi,

Just had my 2009 VE Omega V6 tuned by Mace Engineering.
I would suggest this tune for anyone with an VE V6 looking for more Kw/Torque and better fuel consumption. I noticed the gains straight away a lot better throttle response and quicker acceleration!. After a hour or so of city driving i checked my fuel consumption and it was a lot better than i used to get. The tune was really easy to install took only a few minutes.

I would like to thank Steve from mace for the great customer service and the product was sent out promptly.

Cheers,

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
It would be interesting to see what the economy gains are over time. The one thing that would put me off buying a VE is the throttle response when i try to give it a bit. If a mace tune can improve that its definitely something to think about

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
(flamesuit on) lol i am way noob at cars.. i know little things but not much. but to start with what is a tune? how do you 'install it' and how much did it cost? i would love to have just a little better throttle response on my omega..

Andrew_Guppz

Reaction score
Members Ride
monkeys437 I'm getting a 1.5-2.5 per 100 better than before the tune. Which i'm very pleased about because in town my car used to use lots of fuel!.

pickle46, The tune is a file that you put onto your car(it adjust settings in the cars computer i think). You put it on using a laptop and a cable that connects to the car from the laptop and you use the software and the tune file from mace and put it on your car. As for the price call mace its cheaper than the other tunes i looked at. Throttle response is improved as well i could notice it right away. Hope this helps.

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
(flamesuit on) lol i am way noob at cars.. i know little things but not much. but to start with what is a tune? how do you 'install it' and how much did it cost? i would love to have just a little better throttle response on my omega..

yes i would also like to know whats involved to install a tune too.

dont worry already anwsered.

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
so if i dont have a lap top i cant do this?

Andrew_Guppz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cant you borrow a laptop? that's what i did. Otherwise you can setup your Desktop PC somewhere near your car for the tune. That's if you have a desktop PC.

Ridges

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY09
How much did it set you back? If you don't mind me asking :p

Andrew_Guppz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ridges think it was 480? check with Mace though, Its worth doing!.